How do you wash your undies on a RTW

Does my ass look big in these?
Locksmith

Re: How do you wash your undies on a RTW

Post by Locksmith »

+1 for travel wash , gets rid of the clinkers and clag :P
Suzuki DL650 (Wee) with many nice mods ..

Yamaha XT660Z Tenere also modded ..

http://www.v-strom.co.uk/phpBB3/

http://www.adventurebikers.net/forum/index.php
Harty

Post by Harty »

Edible undies! Wear, remove, eat ;-)
.....eat my dirt!
bull

Post by bull »

wash them in some water, then give them a good squeeze to get all the water out,

then, put it on over the windscreen of the bike, it will be dry in no time at around 80mph,

but, you might need some clothes pegs if your going washing socks :P
Road2Manchester

Post by Road2Manchester »

And another thing........

what is this 'thing' about going rough..... If you spend every day sat on your ass on a plastic seat, you gonna get stinky, and I don;t get the 'its got to be rough tough and filthy or it doesn't count' lark.
The whole tripping thing can be done with a certain amount of decorum and self preseration that goes beyond staying upright and keeping safe.
At some point you will be stood at a street food stall about to eat some exotic snippet of dead thing whilst wondering if the bloke serving uses that hand to wipe his ass, and did he wash his hands. Meanwhile 2ft away, your lower parts department, there is a plethora of bugs, slugs and squirmy's hatching a plot to create an uncureable nut-rot just because you have had your grunties on for 14 days. Athletes Plums..... no thanks.
Stuff that, tale 3 pairs of lightweight fast drying comfy pants that can double as trunks and have one pair on, one wet/drying having been washed and the spare set stuffed away for a hot day on a nice beach. Or a nice be-ache on a hot day. As for the ladies. You pants are a special part of your day, so you can take 4 prs cos they only take up 2 square inches

PLUS pants cost about $3 so throw the month old bio-hazard ones away or just let them walk.

Its the world, not the galaxy. Be clean, be seen, behave.
cam to gif

If you ride like the wind, expect to get blown away. One lifetime is all we get use it wisely this ain;t no practise.
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Road2Manchester wrote:You pants are a special part of your day, so you can take 4 prs cos they only take up 2 square inches
You met my mother in law?

Tie her pants to your bike to dry out and you're gonna experience paragliding round the world.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
special one

Post by special one »

-Ralph- wrote:
Road2Manchester wrote:You pants are a special part of your day, so you can take 4 prs cos they only take up 2 square inches
You met my mother in law?

Tie her pants to your bike to dry out and you're gonna experience paragliding round the world.
That proper made me laugh mate :)
Current bikes...

2003 KTM 950 adventure in silvery blue...

2013 KTM 450 exc-f in orange /white

2007 Scorpa SY250 trials in blue.
chrisinflight

Post by chrisinflight »

(quote) Tie her pants to your bike to dry out and you're gonna experience paragliding round the world. (quote)

:laugh: :laugh:
Dont tell me her name is KateyCake
2016 Beta 300rr- In the 2 stroke come-back club!

Dazzer

Post by Dazzer »

Its such a worry it will put most folk off doing a RTW
Willandkate

Post by Willandkate »

Dazzer wrote:Its such a worry it will put most folk off doing a RTW
It's more of a worry where that photo came from!
Our biggest ride - Australia to England

www.wollongongtowoolwich.co.uk
Elle

Post by Elle »

Road2Manchester wrote: what is this 'thing' about going rough..... If you spend every day sat on your ass on a plastic seat, you gonna get stinky, and I don;t get the 'its got to be rough tough and filthy or it doesn't count' lark.
I agree, why can't people wash their underwear? :sick:
Cotton is heavy when wet (and cold) & takes ages to dry. So use synthetics or silk.
Travel wash, a bar of soap or even shampoo will do - just rinse thoroughly.
Dry overnight or on the back of the bike during the day.

Also, for ladies - using a mini panty liner will keep a pair of knickers fresher for longer (refresh daily!). However, for a RTW trip, the space could be used for more knickers!
living an ordinary life in a non-ordinary way

Return to “CLOTHING”