How do you wash your undies on a RTW

Does my ass look big in these?
waynecoluk

Re: How do you wash your undies on a RTW

Post by waynecoluk »

Suicide pants are the way forward for a shorter trip. Get them from Matalan for next to nothing or use old ones and throw them at the end of the day. Failing that on a longer trip wash in the sink and put on your exhaust to dry out or catch fire whichever one is quicker...
2016 BMW 1200GSA

2013 Triumph Street Triple
Kazz

Post by Kazz »

Ok guys off topic,
Finally decided with the Edible undies, wear, remove and eat, seems the way to go.

Cheers All.
Praise without end for the go-ahead zeal of whoever it was invented the wheel;

But never a word for the poor soul's sake,that thought ahead and invented the brake.....
snaphappy

RTW

Post by snaphappy »

Been some funny answers, as I expected, also good tips too.
Personal hygiene is paramount to staying healthy, its OK roughing it for the weekend before going back to the sterile home But away for weeks, months, years .....your asking for trouble by staying dirty.
I have merino socks and shirts and will be getting Merino shorts, they dry much quicker than cotton and will go a day or three without a build up of bacteria making them smell.
My washing machine is a drybag half filled with water and travel wash detergent, loads of air trapped too so everything can slosh about. Either in the evening when I'm done or strapped to the bike when mobile,

sent from my thingy, using whatchamacallit
For more info click on the Dambuster Signature banner

Selous

Post by Selous »

Yes some funny answers, most of the ex service ppl on here can give you the 14 day exercise answer im sure.
However as you say it is for a lot longer.
You can buy silk undies from patra for guys and girls, however, if your on a budget cost comes in to it.
There is no excuse for any personal hygine and very importaint, more so for the ladies, due to natural excreations, I knkw when me and gf go away for our 14 day hols she takes about 5 to 7 pairs of undies, if we are touring through to differant camp sites then wash them at the camp site that we are staying at for a few days, along with our daily riding clothing T shirts,socks etc after a few days & pairs are needed to be washed.
Most of the camp sites have launderets on site.

I know of a ozzie firm maje a dry bag with a ribbed effect in side it iz a hand washer will dig out the link later post it here just as a fyi.
When Im on my own I jjst let my undies and socks build up and was by hand in a sink! I usally have at least 5 prs of undies and 4 pirs of socks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Artificers Masonic Motorcycle Association

http://www.amma-uk.com
Selous

Post by Selous »

here it is http://www.thescrubba.com/

The Scrubba

[video width=425 height=344 type=youtube]-Y2kR7_dFXw[/video]

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Artificers Masonic Motorcycle Association

http://www.amma-uk.com
BigBashBonanza

Post by BigBashBonanza »

Selous wrote:here it is http://www.thescrubba.com/

The Scrubba

[video width=425 height=344 type=youtube]-Y2kR7_dFXw[/video]
I'm liking the bag, a brilliant idea.
Whilst away with work recently for 7 months, me and a mate found a local cement mixer. We placed a couple of large stones in there along with bit of water and soap power and hey presto, a washing machine!

The first attempt wasn't that great as the drum was rotating too quickly and pulled the leg off a pair of my trousers(!), but we tested and adjusted and for the last 4 months of our tour, there was no more scrubbing on an old wooden table for us! Lots of sewing though...... :unsure:
Look Large, Be Massive

Follow the Sapper

Return to “CLOTHING”