How do you wash your undies on a RTW

Does my ass look big in these?
Kazz

How do you wash your undies on a RTW

Post by Kazz » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:37 pm

Hello everyone,
I have done a few long bike trips but none with my wife, this was her question and it made me think as I just wear mine for a week at a time on a long trip.
Any suggestions......
Praise without end for the go-ahead zeal of whoever it was invented the wheel;

But never a word for the poor soul's sake,that thought ahead and invented the brake.....

Adventure Bike Rider New Issue Out Now
byewayrider

Re: How do you wash your undies on a RTW

Post by byewayrider » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:48 pm

easy...either go commando or wear them in the shower or stream....honestly has she never washed her small`s in a sink before :laugh: ..
Solo ktm690 euro trail rider

Brenhden

Post by Brenhden » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:51 pm

This year I took a small tube of detergent gel I got from millets circa 1999. There is still some left if you want it ;)
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Honda CRF250 Rally.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪

AndyB

Post by AndyB » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:58 pm

Kazz wrote:Hello everyone,
I have done a few long bike trips but none with my wife, this was her question and it made me think as I just wear mine for a week at a time on a long trip.
Any suggestions......
Just ask her what she'd do if she lost them? Giving her the option of taking enough to last the trip is the wrong approach.

It's easy for blokes because we can wear each pair in 4 different ways and I tend to use one merino wool top for weeks at a time in the day when I'm riding then keep a couple of fast drying t shirts for evening use and wear them in the shower when they start to stink too much but women seem to view things a bit differently.

Brads

Post by Brads » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:33 pm

Wash ?? Pants ??

why on earth would you bother ?? unless you have a bit ova accident they should be fine for some considerable time.
Round the world ???

Round the bend more like !

special one

Post by special one » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:37 pm

I took a tube of travel wash before on longer trips when space was tight, found a cracking site in alpe dues, banged them in the drier after :)
Current bikes...

2003 KTM 950 adventure in silvery blue...

2013 KTM 450 exc-f in orange /white

2007 Scorpa SY250 trials in blue.

Fordy

Post by Fordy » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:41 pm

Travel wash overnight and secure under a cargo net on the rear to dry when riding. Make sure you rinse properly, you don't want to get the skids!

Willandkate

Post by Willandkate » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:59 pm

Whatever method works for you for 5-7 days works for a year as that's about how many days worth you'll have room to carry. Wash in sinks at hotel or campsite then hang on line over night or tie to bike. If the weather is wet don't bother washing them fora while.....
Is this the only thing putting her off going?
Our biggest ride - Australia to England

www.wollongongtowoolwich.co.uk

-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:08 pm

When you stop at night and you're boiling water for a coffee in your mess tin, just drop them in for a few minutes, sterilises just lovely, and gives the coffee a really sweet & salty flavour.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Road2Manchester

Post by Road2Manchester » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:09 pm

Silk knickers, you can wash them before bed and put em on damp as they dry very quick.... (did I say this out loud ????) :sick: :side: :pinch:

If those are too pink, try any good sports underwear and please, wash your pants guys, it only takes a few minutes .....

smelly lot

skid.jpg
skid.jpg (6.82 KiB) Viewed 185 times
cam to gif

If you ride like the wind, expect to get blown away. One lifetime is all we get use it wisely this ain;t no practise.

Return to “CLOTHING”