HJC IS Multi? 7 Way configurable helmet

Does my ass look big in these?
V-Rider

HJC IS Multi? 7 Way configurable helmet

Post by V-Rider »

Anyone owned one of these?

I've spotted a thread over on XRV through google search mr Ackackflack :)

If anyone's owned one, what are the screws like? Do the fixings have a good quality feel to them? If it isn't up to the job I may not go for it...

It literally would only be used as a full face and supermoto style helmet, but wondering if it's worth the extra compared to the Airoh S4.

Any views on this lid helpful! B)
"It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end."
VR_Rider

Re: HJC IS Multi? 7 Way configurable helmet

Post by VR_Rider »

Haven't got one but my local accessories shop got one in. Construction didn't feel as solid as I would have liked! Think
It would be a very loud lid with the join at the chin bar! Also the visor couldn't go all the way up with the peak fitted.

Hope that helps :-)
V-Rider

Post by V-Rider »

I'm going to pop into fowlups of bristol and check for fit/quality.

Hope its alright!
"It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end."
Lee

Post by Lee »

Ooh – like the look of that mate. Let me know how you get on.
In June this year I undertook the whole Nature Rally in one trip, in aid of Riders for Health

You can read about it at http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum ... s-now.html

please support me at http://www.justgiving.com/leeparsons-naturerally
V-Rider

Post by V-Rider »

Lee wrote:Ooh – like the look of that mate. Let me know how you get on.
Will do Lee, they look good. Should give a nice field of vision to having that panoramic visor! B)

I will check the quality of it though, if it looks/feels cheap I'll steer clear. They come in at £170-180 mark, so should be of a reasonable quality at least.
AckAckFlack

Post by AckAckFlack »

Hi all
As per the initial post I have one of these.
My other helmets are a Nolan flip and caberg trip and as I have only been riding 15 months I am not a veteran so take this as my experiences and not gospel

What I like
The panoramic visor- you don't get a hemmed in feeling and life saver checks are far easier.
Comfort pretty good my other helmets press more on my forehead.
Lighter than a flip lid
The jet style sunshade means I can ride with the visor up and not worry about sunglasses etc
The vents in the top of helmet do work- especially when you get hot offroad
I have worn goggles even with the visor in situ and this is great if I am travelling a distance to go offroad- means I can remove the goggles and use the visor on the return trip

What I don't like
No pinlock- I wear Alex generally and there's a lot of visor.
The peak is too thin and is prone to drumming. You can pull it down while riding to help but when you do that then it restricts the lifting of the visor.
No cut out at the ears so I had to remove the autocom ear pieces as they hurt

Would i buy another? No I don't think so as I won't use the 7 set ups however it has shown me what from a helmet

I have settled with the peak and full chin guard and to be honest will proably not change the combination now so a 7 in one !
BBRR - Big Bike Rough Road Riders Group

It's all about how big it is and how Rough you use it :-)

The journey aimed to challenge the perception of blindness…

Usually People call me Sir... closely followed by 'You are making a scene!'
Orlando_Orange

Post by Orlando_Orange »

i'd want to make damn sure the connection of the chin piece is strong enough in a crash before considering this - have heard horror stories of cheap flip up lids catches giving way with the inevitable face grind....

plus, don't think i would ever ride without a chin piece....

i'll stick with my S4....
Chris

G650 X-Challenge

'91 XTZ750
AckAckFlack

Post by AckAckFlack »

Orlando_Orange wrote:i'd want to make damn sure the connection of the chin piece is strong enough in a crash before considering this - have heard horror stories of cheap flip up lids catches giving way with the inevitable face grind....

Good helmet , good choice.
BTW I am nit going to do a crash test for you to find out if it is ok ;)
BBRR - Big Bike Rough Road Riders Group

It's all about how big it is and how Rough you use it :-)

The journey aimed to challenge the perception of blindness…

Usually People call me Sir... closely followed by 'You are making a scene!'
V-Rider

Post by V-Rider »

AckAckFlack wrote:
Orlando_Orange wrote:i'd want to make damn sure the connection of the chin piece is strong enough in a crash before considering this - have heard horror stories of cheap flip up lids catches giving way with the inevitable face grind....

Good helmet , good choice.
BTW I am nit going to do a crash test for you to find out if it is ok ;)
Darn, there goes my request! :laugh:

Well I'm going to look at the Airoh S4 as well, but unaware of any local stockists. It would make sense and save money to keep my current Caberg Konda and have the S4 too, one helmet for each mood ;)

I like the look of the IS Multi though, but considering what you guys say, I will have a GOOD look at what the helmet is like then make a judgement.

Cheers for help guys,

Hans
V-Rider

Post by V-Rider »

Well, just a quick update.

I popped into Fowlups of bristol and tried on a the IS multi helmet. Didnt like it one bit, L and XL Squished my ears to buggery!

Also, just taking the chin bar and flexing it gave me no confidence whatsoever in its impact resistance. I also had some 16 year old dweeb latched onto me giving me amateur twaddle about how its just as safe as a full face. Couldnt he leave me the feck alone?

Anyhoo, time to find somewhere that stocks the Airoh S4!

Return to “CLOTHING”