Adventure boots

Does my ass look big in these?
Tenere Mart

Re: Adventure boots

Post by Tenere Mart »

https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/se ... -Boot-0001 I got these and very happy .... doese what it ses on the box .. ;-)
MART
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

if your aiming to do more dirt than tar get the mx type boots with the best grip soles dont need to be all singing and dancing ones, maybe basic lighter ones will suit. Consider also for lighter/adventure type trail riding trials boots are a lot nicer to live with for walking etc for a reasonable protection compromize they are the ones with only 3 buckles as opposed to the 4 for mx boots.
johnnington

Post by johnnington »

I have Forma Adventure boots and I love them. They are my perfect boot. Used them for my 4600 mile trip across Europe, both off and on road. Use them for trail riding. Even been using them for trials riding.

They are very comfortable and so far waterproof and hard wearing. Only slight downside to them (although it wouldn't have all the positives for me if this weren't the case) is shin protection is limited, they don't give as much overall protection as a full on MX boot has, but for what I need/want, they're perfect.
Heff

Post by Heff »

Redmurty wrote:
Heff wrote:I have a pair of BMW Santiago enduro style boots in black. Size 42 if I remember correctly. I can email a few photos if you pm your email. Opens to reasonable offers if it fits your requirements B)
For some reason I cannot PM, so if you PM me (sorry) I can then reply

cheers Spud ;)
Check you pm box
If I'm not online.............

I'm probably out on the Bat Bike

Gelande/Strasse R1200Gsa Triple Black
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Heff wrote:
Redmurty wrote:
Heff wrote:I have a pair of BMW Santiago enduro style boots in black. Size 42 if I remember correctly. I can email a few photos if you pm your email. Opens to reasonable offers if it fits your requirements B)
For some reason I cannot PM, so if you PM me (sorry) I can then reply

cheers Spud ;)
Check you pm box
Replied, I can reply but not initiate a PM ? :pinch:

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Willandkate

Post by Willandkate »

Take everyone's kind advise but then go to a shop to try them before buying! I went into Get Geared in Leeds with the full intent of buying TCX's as all reports pointed towards them. They just weren't comfy for me. Next choice W2's, no good again, then I tried something else and something else which also weren't any good. In the end I bought some Rev it Apache H20's. Suited my needs - waterproof, comfy, reasonable protection and priced OK.

As Confuscious says "one mans foot is not another's..."
Our biggest ride - Australia to England

www.wollongongtowoolwich.co.uk
Dave DRZ

Post by Dave DRZ »

Like Will (above) I went to Get Geared in Leeds (as a bonus its next door to Hiene Gericke and across from J&S, it's like a bike gear Mecca on that street). The place is huge and has lots of styles and sizes of boots for you to try on. I got a pair of Forma Adventure boots, in part because of positive comments from ABR members - only tried them once so far, but they were comfortable all day and were waterproof through some fairly deep water.

Dave
Far Off Places; a motorcycle adventure from Manchester to Manali www.faroffplaces.net
iceclimber

Post by iceclimber »

Hi, i'm sorry i never got to meet you at the midlands rally. I did speak to your partner/wife on the Sat morning, whilst stuffing a sausage & egg bap into my face.
This may be a really sore question - BUT i desperately need some new boots, I have never owned any adventure boots :blush: (my 10 year old cheapy road boots have had it !)
I was really interested in the link you provided and was going to ask, i presume you bought them from the german web site ? & you've had them for how long ? BUT the real question I now want to ask you, is ..... would any other type of boot have possibly prevented your ankle break :unsure: Oouch !
I hope you make a speedy recovery.
special one

Post by special one »

I can recommend the W2 mx boot, I got a pair at the dirt bike show last year for £80, I took a punt on them and now really like them.

They saved my ankle on the mx course at the abr rally the weekend, deep rut grabbed my right boot and the boot stopped me having it pointing the other way.

All the parts on the boot are easily available and cheap to replace too.
Current bikes...

2003 KTM 950 adventure in silvery blue...

2013 KTM 450 exc-f in orange /white

2007 Scorpa SY250 trials in blue.
iceclimber

Post by iceclimber »

Thanks 'special one'. I would prefer not to have to spend hundreds in case the missus finds out :blink:

Is this the boots you mean ? I would guess that they are strong, offer good protection but could not be considered waterproof ? (I only do green lane-ing on my 650gs)
Attachments
mxw2boot.jpg
mxw2boot.jpg (42.5 KiB) Viewed 1445 times

Return to “CLOTHING”