Hood or Draggin'

Does my ass look big in these?
Al Danby

Hood or Draggin'

Post by Al Danby »

Looking at buying some bike jeans and Hood and Dragging' seem to look the favourite, has anyone any advice or reviews??
dubber68

Re: Hood or Draggin'

Post by dubber68 »

I have some draggin Jeans and they are very comfy and come top in all the tests. Had them for 5 years and they are still in good condition. I can recommend them highly.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
I work to live. I live to ride. I ride to work, Ever felt like your going in circles.

Yamaha XT1200Z, Sertao, Herald 250, Xcountry & Vanvan

[IMG]http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj4 ... POINTS.jpg[/IMG
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

Red route cargo jeans. :laugh:

I tested a pair in anger and they were fine. Hit the deck at about 40 and the only hole appeared from where the change in my pocket was against the road.

My richa jacket wasn't so lucky, or my spada gloves, or my elbow, or my hand actually :(

You live you learn though.
hotbulb

Post by hotbulb »

I have some Hood jeans...thy fit well and are comfortable...and Hood's a nice company to deal with. Fortunately,I've not tested them in anger!
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

Another vote for Hood, great British company, very helpful.

Just pick your style from the website then call em. Easy.
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
FMFox

Post by FMFox »

I have found that my Draggin jeans only last about 18 months before they wear out in the crotch. I haven't heard anything bad about hood (and their cheaper).

Sartso is another make but have an even shorter life (my blue jeans on lasted 6 months) than the draggins (apart from the black combats that are made of a rip stop fabric).

I wear bike jeans pretty much all day every day (I have about 4 pairs on rotation) so mine put up with a lot of abuse so mine may only last 18 months where as a weekend warrior may find they last 5 years.

currently traveling the world on a CCM SR40
Sleepy

Post by Sleepy »

I have Hood jeans, they're great, not tried the others so can't comment, also not had to test them.

My son however, had a massive off on his GS, meaning he slid for a considerable distance wearing his Hood jeans, not only did they protect him perfectly, but Hood gave him a free replacement pair in return for the Damaged jeans.. which were only damaged by the Ambulance crew who, with great difficulty cut them off him 'cos they thought he had a broken leg..
barnhatter

Post by barnhatter »

Got a pair of Hood jeans 3 years ago.
Good fit and great company to deal with.
Will send samples of the material/kevlar.
They customise the length to get the exact fit.
Had a problem on one trip with a nonstandard screw that was rubbing my leg, I didn't notice it. After 2800 miles it wore through the denim material, kevlar undamaged.
I contacted Hood to see if I could buy a bit of material to repair them, they sent enough of the correct colour free of charge.
The only other point wish they made non kevlar jeans too as they are very hardwearing for general use.
Also they are a British company.
My advice is GO FOR HOOD.
Selous

Post by Selous »

Hood 100% I have only 1 pair, i have had Draggin then got Hood,
I would recommend Hood & put something back in UK

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Artificers Masonic Motorcycle Association

http://www.amma-uk.com
Poulton

Post by Poulton »

I've got a pair of draggin jeans I've been around europe in twice and ive always been happy with the comfort but they do seem to come up a bit short in the crotch which might explain why they wear quicker there and the colour in my pair (black) faded really quickly after a shower or two out riding, they are a funny greyish/brown now (i think from the kevlar material beneath). I might opt for hood's next time, even if there is little difference between the two just because they are british and sounds like they deserve the custom.

Return to “CLOTHING”