Akito desert suit or RST?

Does my ass look big in these?
grasstrack

Re: Akito desert suit or RST?

Post by grasstrack »

Akito desert as waterproof as a stringvest dont waste your money now have the wolf titanium great suite.
special one

Post by special one »

The wife has RST leathers, got to say, they seem well made and are thick leather compared to some brands.
My friend has recently starting biking and bought RST textiles and they seem ok too for the money, no probs so far.
Current bikes...

2003 KTM 950 adventure in silvery blue...

2013 KTM 450 exc-f in orange /white

2007 Scorpa SY250 trials in blue.
The Wilbur

Post by The Wilbur »

I too have just flexed the plastic for a RST Adventure suite from Two Wheels in Edinburgh.

Copped a 10% discount, making it £341.98.

Will pick it up Monday on the way home from work, as I need both panniers to carry it all home in. Was pleasantly surprised that I now take a size 38 in the trousers, down from a 42, and a 48 in the jacket :P

Went for the Black version, as the Sand looked too silly on the Blue GS :whistle:
SUCK : SQUEEZE : BANG : BLOW

www.f650.co.uk
Al Danby

Post by Al Danby »

Have no experience of RST, but I have had a pair of Akito pants for best part of 20 years and they are only just starting to fail (waterproofness) didn't even know Akito where still going.
Let me know what you decide as I am just starting to look around for a new outfit.
anagallis_arvensis

Post by anagallis_arvensis »

I have used an akito desert suit for comutting in all weathers for three years. Seems ok but is not that waterproof.
spud354

Post by spud354 »

Hi, can anyone tell me if the Akito desert trousers go over off road boots. I'm not keen on ones that go inside.

Cheers Spud.
Jammin

Post by Jammin »

They do but are a tight fit but not with the quilted liner in them.
When it's cold i wear a pair of long cycling pants with the water proof liner(if thats what they call them) only.
The quilt liner ends half way up your shin bulk out quite a lot at the top of your boot.
spud354

Post by spud354 »

Oh right, that's a shame you'd think they had that in mind when designing them.
Milechomper

Post by Milechomper »

Had mine for about 5 Years, been through some PROPER drownings, NEVER, let any water in,inc' a megga trip from Millan to Blackburn in non-stop driving rain, never let a drop in.
All the seams are still intacked, all the zips work,all the prest-studs still work.
Must admit the entire suit is spray'd with nikwax once a year but....Hey it works and it has lasted.
What else ???.......no idea why it's called "Desert" though it's the warmest kit I've had in a long time.
Cheers Neil. Yamaha TDM 900

Just remember there are people alive today only because its illegal to shoot them.....
Milechomper

Post by Milechomper »

Mine do and I ware O'Neal moto x boots
Cheers Neil. Yamaha TDM 900

Just remember there are people alive today only because its illegal to shoot them.....

Return to “CLOTHING”