Akito desert suit or RST?

Does my ass look big in these?
Ed Braclik

Re: Akito desert suit or RST?

Post by Ed Braclik »

Don't know anyrhing about the Akito, but I picked up the new RST Adventire jacket and pants last month and have to say they are cracking! Vents EVERYWHERE, very high quality, loads of pockets and even a water pack in the back of the jacket!
They were not expensive at well under £400 for both and I have to say, well worth a look!
Dysan

Post by Dysan »

By contrast I've got a HG Tuareg suit and it's been heavily roaded and off-roaded and in all weather from snow in Shetland to the sun in Morocco and been sliding down the trail a few time too. For £350 best clothing I've ever owned.
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

Road2Manchester wrote:The Akito is a cheap suit so what do you expect....... that was the reply form the sale s rep from their HQ when I asked .

Not the reply I was expecting when the pants fell apart after just 12 months. I was not offered a refund, credit note or a sorry. The seams came apart where the cloth meets the plastic panels. Made in China....... SNM

I therefore can not advise one to buy them.sir.

So far the jacket is OK, but once again the plastic pads are looking tatty.
My Akito suit also fell apart at the seams but it wasn't the stitching it was the actual material that seemed to undo itself so it wasn't that easy to restitch it myself.
africajim

Post by africajim »

Akito, waste of money, RST better quality.
Honda, the power of dreams.
Boggs

Post by Boggs »

Yeah have to agree with most on here,Akito have been around for a very long time and have always been the cheap budget type brand,there ok as temporary kit if cash is a bit tight but if you've got a few more quid in your pocket,you're better off getting something else.
V_King

Post by V_King »

i have akito trousers for more than four years now, bought in germany, which cost more, than here in uk (found out later :( ).

did a good 40 k miles in them and can't complain. broke one side zip because of my brute force.

are you sure guys, that you don't buy the suit a size too small, that seams can't handle :silly:

on the other hand - what about spada/weise adventure suit range?
""
Jammin

Post by Jammin »

I've got the Akito suit that i use for green laning, just the job as it's nice & light but the protections not too good.
Will probably look at the Tuareg suit when this one's getting tatty.
V_King

Post by V_King »

well i've just came back with hg tuareg jacket for £100 :woohoo:

colour is not my favourite, but been lurking for a bargain for a while, so can't complain :)

""
johnzxr750

Post by johnzxr750 »

my wolf kit turned up today had a look at it but will try on tmrw looks amaing and quality looks really good too will road test very soon and let you know but having tried my RSR jacket to good test this week in a crash on shell grip. its held together amazingly and still looks in good nick apart from the light reactive piping where i hit the floor you wouldnt know itd been down the road and the knox body armour did its job great too.waterproof still after aprox 14yrs old and used regularly (well daily(winter too)) i spent £30 onit two years ago with timpson getting a new zip fitted so 14 years divided by £180 so total cost has been £15 a year lol so hopefully my wolf kit will be as good but its looking good so far
cheers j :woohoo:
this is blue mine is yellow
bluenotyellow.jpg
bluenotyellow.jpg (7.43 KiB) Viewed 1400 times
new jacket mmm
nj2100.jpg
nj2100.jpg (222.66 KiB) Viewed 1400 times
and kegs too
nj2105.jpg
nj2105.jpg (106.39 KiB) Viewed 1400 times
GlosterBoy

Post by GlosterBoy »

The aftermarket support from Wolf I found to be good. I bought a secondhand two piece set of leathers that the main zip was knackered on, they repaired it for £42 including them arranging courier pick up and delivery.

Return to “CLOTHING”