trax panniers ,anyone useing them ,anygood ?

The essential art of farkling.
midlife

Re: trax panniers ,anyone useing them ,anygood ?

Post by midlife »

coyotedave wrote:I have the mk1 boxes, had them about 4 years. Right side box leaks, left ok.
I have put some black draft excluder onto the rubber seal on the box'es, this has almost cured the problem. Not much water inside after heavy rain.
They may well be for sale with fitting kit for R1200GS, 2007.

Cheers Dave.
Hi Dave,

can you explain a little more about your fix? I will contact Trax but I have no receipts and can not remember where I even bought them from. Also, is it the lids that are leaking or is it the seams?

Cheers
Rob
jonperry64

Post by jonperry64 »

I didn't need a receipt. They are well aware of the issue and will probably be surprised they lasted 4 years without leaking. I think it was motohaus I actually combined to and they were the ones that sent the bags. I remember now that initially they sent some sealant but that didn't work either. Might attempt Dave's fix myself.
midlife

Post by midlife »

Hi John
I think you may be right that it was Motohaus. The Panniers leaked pretty much from the off but I just lived with it and my Tesco bags! (which worked perfectly and were the correct shape as well). Hope dave gives a bit more info on his fix as that may be a more practical solution.
Cheers
Rob
midlife

Post by midlife »

BUMP

Hi there Just wanted to know if Coyote dave can give me a bit more info on his "fix" for this problem

Cheers
Rob

Return to “ACCESSORIES”