trax panniers ,anyone useing them ,anygood ?

The essential art of farkling.
jackass dave

trax panniers ,anyone useing them ,anygood ?

Post by jackass dave »

anybody using the trax panniers ,i may have been offered a set at a reasnoble price (not dirt cheap) .
these are the new ones with a rubber seal ,ive read (one ) report which complained about a leak ,but ive usually had bmw /touratech ones ,but there so expensive now .
so would just like anybodys thoughts ,moans ,praise ,regarding these panniers
digitalcaptive

Re: trax panniers ,anyone useing them ,anygood ?

Post by digitalcaptive »

They're absolute rubbish mate...........now do you have the phone number of the person offering them :laugh:

Sorry I'll get me coat.......

Had heard about the leaking problems on the early model, I believe that the more up to date design is supposed to be significantly better although not totally water tight
leo-david

Post by leo-david »

I've had them in the past and I've been very pleased with them. They are cool looking pannier in my opinion.
Would have put them on my Super10 but due to the exhaust sticking out (as with alot of adventure bikes) you have to go with two different size boxes which personally I don't like.
jonperry64

Post by jonperry64 »

I've got the originals which leak quite badly and are poorly made considering the cost. Trax solution was to issue customers with waterproof liners - not exactly satisfactory. Anyway, from what I've heard, the EVOs are a big improvement.
jed54

Post by jed54 »

I have a new Trax top box. Used at the Boil weekend, 750 miles in all that rain nice and dry.
tiger800xc

Post by tiger800xc »

003_2012-04-24.JPG
003_2012-04-24.JPG (68.38 KiB) Viewed 1973 times
I personally think they are superb
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Ferris Bueller
jackass dave

Post by jackass dave »

the bike they were going to go on ,may not happen ,so for the moment ,IM OUT .thanks for every one who chipped in there twopenneth worth (this is pre decimalisation )
midlife

Post by midlife »

Hi Folks,

Just stumbled accross this thread. I have Trax panniers that leak (purchased 2009)they have a rubber seal/trim on the top that the lid closes on to. Too late to returm them so is there a home fix that I can do? As a matter of interest, I did find that the tesco bags for life fit perfectly into the panniers and was very handy when unloading into hotels camping etc.
Cheers

Rob
coyotedave

Post by coyotedave »

I have the mk1 boxes, had them about 4 years. Right side box leaks, left ok.
I have put some black draft excluder onto the rubber seal on the box'es, this has almost cured the problem. Not much water inside after heavy rain.
They may well be for sale with fitting kit for R1200GS, 2007.

Cheers Dave.
jonperry64

Post by jonperry64 »

If you contact Trax they will send you some of their dry bags. I think it is pretty unsatisfactory from a customer service perspective, but better than nothing. They keep your stuff dry but you still have to empty your panniers of water from time to time.

Return to “ACCESSORIES”