Handlebar Muffs

The essential art of farkling.
stormfield

Handlebar Muffs

Post by stormfield »

Weather's gone a bit cold!

Could anyone recommend a pair of muffs that could fit over the handguards without too much hassle? I run a pair of barkbuster handguards.

In particular the Givi muffs look like they might do the trick, and cost less than the Tucano ones that the big GS-ers seem to use.
Toblerone

Re: Handlebar Muffs

Post by Toblerone »

My Dad has some Tech 7 ones. They were really cheap and therefore are not the best quality but he seems quite happy with them, he manages them over handguards too. Im trying them out on the YBR tomorrow so i'll let you know how they get on.
'13 Kawasaki Versys

'01 Honda C90

Everything Happens for a Reason

Live n' let Live

http://www.slickpic.com/u/Toblerone
Milechomper

Post by Milechomper »

HI, I have the Oxford ones. They have a 2" strip between the top and bottom layers.
Fur lined, waterproof. They fit over the top of the standard Honda hand gaurds. I must admit you do have to sortta push the left one out of the way to put a right hand indecator on but you soon adapt and just do it.
They don't apear to keep you any warmer UNLESS you have heated grips,then you really feel the difference.The best thing is that your gloves stay dry...thus your hands are warmer :-)
Happy days.....

p.s. I'm a full time bike instructor and they have been fitted on my bike for the past 2 months.....
Cheers Neil. Yamaha TDM 900

Just remember there are people alive today only because its illegal to shoot them.....
sooty

Post by sooty »

Can 100% recommend the Tucano muffs. They are excellant and not once have my hands been cold on the GS, and it's been ridden in the latest cold spell down to -7, handlebar heat on low. Toasty B)
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

I have Oxford Sports muffs on my Versys which fit over normal handgaurds but they are too small to fit over the GS handgaurds which have the Touratech extender fitted on the top edge.
100% waterproof but best of all they are windproof and keep my hands warm without needing heated grips.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
davsato

Post by davsato »

plastic 4ltr milk bottles and duct tape
Dave
Jelly

Post by Jelly »

davsato wrote:plastic 4ltr milk bottles and duct tape

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You kill me.
"The distant echo of faraway voices boarding far away trains,

To take them home to the ones that they love and who love them forever......."
moto al

Post by moto al »

davsato wrote:plastic 4ltr milk bottles and duct tape
is that full fat or fresh&lo,eh ,he he ,al
moto al
davsato

Post by davsato »

for the 2weeks you need them, id be tempted to use something disposable than spend, what, £50/100? I dont need them myself but Datsunfan pat has had his on for years
Dave
lmg

Post by lmg »

I had two sets up for sale in the FOR SALE section - one huge pair which covers hand grips and a pair of smaller Oxford ones.
Cheers,

Leigh (LMG)

Return to “ACCESSORIES”