Scala Rider Intercom Faults

The essential art of farkling.

Scala Rider Intercom Faults

Post by 03001978 »

GUYS,

Have any of you expierenced problems with Scala intercoms?, I have had two faulty Q4 Multisets kits since June, and my retailer is not very helpful.

Fault 1. On one transmiter the voice activation does not kick in so one rider can not communicate with the other.

Fault 2. On both units, the sound of the OTHER riders music can be heard. Furthermore on one unit, I am expierencing both music and speech on top of one another, which as you can imagine is very distracting.

Has anyone else expierenced these problems before?

REGARDS
CW
africajim

Re:Scala Rider Intercom Faults

Post by africajim »

Sorry can't really help mate, we use the Q2 teamset and haven't had any issues as yet.
Honda, the power of dreams.
Bushman_uk

Post by Bushman_uk »

Hi,again i have the Q2 set, it has worked well upto our last journey to Italy, when we experianced the same fault.
My unit was transmitting but my friends could not (bike to bike).
As yet we have not solved the issue as we only arrived back last night.
However i have looked at the Cardo site and it does mention that this can happen and it suggests resetting the connection.
The Q4 units do have a software update available, so i would try that and reset the units, failing that send them an e-mail.
http://www.cardosystems.com/download/manuals

Let us know how you get on and cure this problem .

Post by 03001978 »

I will do,

I sent cardo an email so hopefully I can get it sorted but to be honest, I would rather send them everything back and try my search for a relible intercom again. Or is that me just throwing all my toys out the pram? So far I have had no luck with them

CW
Alun

Post by Alun »

03001978 wrote:
I will do,

I sent cardo an email so hopefully I can get it sorted but to be honest, I would rather send them everything back and try my search for a relible intercom again. Or is that me just throwing all my toys out the pram? So far I have had no luck with them

CW
Nope, I think it's reasonable that having spent your money and had no satisfaction that you want to send it back. Techie stuff bought from retailers that needs a download update to make it work bugs my ass off. There's too much of this stuff going on.

Return to “ACCESSORIES”