Greetings,

Thought that you might be interested in the response from MAG

https://www.mag-uk.org/mag-still-oppose ... ification/

TTFN

Hugh.
catcitrus

Re: Please consider signing this....

Post by catcitrus »

Surely if the Government's objective is to not worsen emissions, not increase noise and not impact safety then that can be incorporated into the MOT--certainly the MOT covers safety, and noise levels can be easily checked with reference to the bore and stroke for revs and a simple noise metre at 45 degrees etc--just like any track day, ACU event, TBEC etc. Emissions is a little tricky--very much dependent on age and also requiring an acceleration test. I guess none of us want our bikes bouncing off the rev limiter so a sensible maximum could be employed--say 2/3rds of the manufacturers' max rev limit. Crude limits are set for petrol and diesel cars at the moment--depending on year, and I see no reason why such limits could not be set for bikes. However, the tester currently has discretion about failures based on visible smoke levels and this could be applied to bikes--it currently applies to 4 wheels and above. Considering the number of bikes on the road are emissions really a serious climate/clean air issue?--I think not. So in summary all we really need to keep the NIMBY types happy is a basic noise test--easily introduced to the test procedure. We should be able(now that BREXIT has divorced us from EU regs) to set a simple test and numbers to keep noise down--after all I believe that this is all people really object to. Once in place then a roadside check can also be carried out.
dibble098

Re: Please consider signing this....

Post by dibble098 »

Done

Return to “ACCESSORIES”