Tell me about heated grips...

The essential art of farkling.
qcnr

Re: Tell me about heated grips...

Post by qcnr »

Seminole wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:35 am I fitted some Oxford grips and they get nice and warm/hot but my hands are used to thin and supple MX type grips and the Oxfords feel like im holding a couple of pick axe handles
Looking to replace with some of those elements that go under grips (ive been saying that for months)
What he said. The Oxfords are good in the heat department but crap in the comfort department. I don't mind the diameter,
it's just they are very solid compared to non heated grips and transmit every vibration through to your hands.
I noticed this when I fitted them to my 690, no vibes or aching hands before, aching hands and vibes after fitting.
Once I have finished doing the garage I will be pulling my bike apart and hopefully sorting the issue.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Yamaha original on tracer gt, 3 heat settings with 1-10 on each, adjustable in menu, set 1 at 3 summer gloves nippy summer eve, 2 at 7 winter general, 3 at 10 bloody hot to warm up, the dogs danglies :D
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Nigel wrote:Yamaha original on tracer gt, 3 heat settings with 1-10 on each, adjustable in menu, set 1 at 3 summer gloves nippy summer eve, 2 at 7 winter general, 3 at 10 bloody hot to warm up, the dogs danglies :D
Got a pic of them ?
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

No pic they are just normal grips it's the way you can adjust in dash menu, 10 is HOT!
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

Thanks for your advice 'garyboy', I have added an extra earth lead as you suggested. One as in the picture and the other to the coil mounting bolt inside the frame for protection.

TTFN

Hugh.

Return to “ACCESSORIES”