Grip Puppies

The essential art of farkling.
SteveW

Grip Puppies

Post by SteveW »

My Yamaha Super 10 is an efficient mile-muncher....But I found the high frequency vibration through the bars was effecting my hands at motorway speeds.
Now, I bought the bike for fast efficient two wheeled travel, I use the bike for general transport, so motorway work is an inevitability, the last thing I want is that unpleasant tingling sensation in my hands.
I fitted a pair of grip puppies. Big success!
Not only do they dampen down the vibes to reduce vibration to a level that I no longer notice it, they are pleasant to grip and increase the diameter of the grips.....which for me and my big hands is another plus.
IMG_1894.JPG
IMG_1894.JPG (181.83 KiB) Viewed 3480 times
Well done Grip Puppies.....and they're British.
Brenhden

Re: Grip Puppies

Post by Brenhden »

I have them on my CRF250 Rally and they are excellent :)
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

I tried them on my 690 but, even though my hands are medium large, they gave me cramp as they were too big.
It was a shame as they felt great for the first 20 miles.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

I also used them on my 690 when I did a few Rallies. Very comfortable.....although I never rode it wit anything else so only assume that they were an improvement over a week of long days.
MotoCP

Post by MotoCP »

I’ve been using these;

They felt a bit too fat at first but then I got so used to them, my new bike felt wrong with out them so I’ve ordered another set
Chalky723

Post by Chalky723 »

Took a little while to get used to the larger diameter after I'd fitted mine, but they really make a difference!

D
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

I always fit them but then again I have hands like JCB buckets!! The last set I fitted I saw an easy way someone posted on the tinterweb lay 4 tywraps on your grips slide the Grip Puppies along them pull the tywraps out.....simples :D
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
MotoCP

Post by MotoCP »

Good tip.
I will try that when mine arrive.
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

I might go down this root, just had cortisone injections in my wrists and don't feel any difference at the mo. However we are riding at pifs over the weekend, and that'll be a good test to see if the numb hands are sorted :lol: :lol:
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

chunky butt wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:10 pm I might go down this root, just had cortisone injections in my wrists and don't feel any difference at the mo. However we are riding at pifs over the weekend, and that'll be a good test to see if the numb hands are sorted :lol: :lol:
Wow, hope those jabs work Stevey - we'll see this weekend. I know how long you've suffered, despite our collective lack of sympathy for your condition. Perhaps some pure heroine chased and mainlined straight in, just before we ride, should sort all of your issues for a few hours on the trail...

Return to “ACCESSORIES”