Tyre levers

The essential art of farkling.
Teflon Jnr

Tyre levers

Post by Teflon Jnr »

Hey folks I need to get myself some decent tyre levers for repairing my own punctures etc I have spare tubes and I'm putting a little kit together what would you suggest for levers and anything else I may need for a little off roading tool kit
Jesus rides a Harley and the devil wears prada

๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฒ ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡บ
steve the grease

Re: Tyre levers

Post by steve the grease »

These are by far the best I have ever used. Only drawback , they are a bit long for packing in a tool bag/ roll/ whatever. From the company that invented radial tyres.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Michelin-Typ ... 1863072974

It's quite possible to pay a lot more for these.
jasext

Post by jasext »

Best one around and fit in a kreiga tool roll perfect. shop around as you might find them a lot cheaper

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Buzzetti ... Sw-eJb4Wuo
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

buzzetti 8-) 2nd that best levers out there for my money ..very good anti pinch bends in them ..super strong and not too big ..i have honeslty have a set of them that are over thirty years old and work perfect still..much prefer em to the motion pro i bought with the axle spanner on the end a while back ...its not as good and i dont bother using it except for opening paint cans :mrgreen:
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
Teflon Jnr

Post by Teflon Jnr »

I'll give them a look.just need to learn to pop the bead off etc and try repairs
Jesus rides a Harley and the devil wears prada

๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฒ ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡บ
bill_qaz

Post by bill_qaz »

+ 1 for buzzeti, best short packable levers, set of three :D
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

buzzetis on the bike plus michelin copies in the garage sometimes I also carry one of the long mich type on the bike too, I know many will say use only the tools you carry on the bike and it is a very valid point. Interested that Minky dont rate the motion pro, I like the idea of one tool doing more than one thing but if its no good at its primary function obviously pointless.
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

I have about 3 pairs of the Michelin bend types--permanently on 3 bikes. On the WR they live in a piece of plumbing pipe secured beneath the rear pannier rail. On the Transalp they live inboard of the LH pannier frame in a purpose built BIG and LONG toolbox, and on the Kawa Super sherpa neatly inserted in old bicycle tubes and one each side UNDER the rear rack held on with reusable tie wraps---they make a world of difference when changing tubes out on the road/trail.I also carry a couple of shorter levers just to put in between the big levers as I'm working my way round--and its also worth practising a tube change from time to time.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Teflon Jnr wrote: โ†‘Tue May 19, 2020 12:19 am Hey folks I need to get myself some decent tyre levers for repairing my own punctures etc I have spare tubes and I'm putting a little kit together what would you suggest for levers and anything else I may need for a little off roading tool kit

Best of luck in breaking the bead on the rear wheel of a big KTM. You can use the weight of the bike via the sidestand, but I'd only do this if I had a relocating bracket: the standard setup has the stand bolted to the crankcase, with the crankcase being the weakest link! Overstress things and you break the crankcase, which pretty-much writes the engine off.

The last time I had a new rear tyre on mine, the fitter was sweating to do it on a proper rig. It does partly depend on the tyre...a Mefo Super Explorer is a tough cookie at the best of times.

There's a Mitas E07+ Dakar in my garage, waiting for me to inflict it on him. It seems even harder than the Mefo. I console myself that a tyre that feels as if it could withstand a bulletshot is unlikely to be troubled by a thorn.
mechanic

Post by mechanic »

I love a tyre lever thread! Oil thread or tyre thread. Always gets a good response! ๐Ÿ‘

Return to โ€œACCESSORIESโ€