Mosko Moto or Giant Loop?

The essential art of farkling.
OnHellas

Mosko Moto or Giant Loop?

Post by OnHellas »

Has anyone had any experience with either the Mosko Moto Reckless 40 kit or the Giant Loop Coyote?

A recent G310GS Rallye Raid is going to need some luggage capacity.
Rallye Raid Products to some pannier rail type things and also sell the Giant Loop Coyote to go with it.

Mosko Moto stuff looked good when we saw it at the NEC in November.

Anyway, any help appreciated.
Redmurty

Re: Mosko Moto or Giant Loop?

Post by Redmurty »

Mosko moto kit is good stuff I have crashed tested mine in Wales Morocco and Iceland. Highly recommended.
Attachments
Timbucto.jpg
Timbucto.jpg (102.36 KiB) Viewed 6313 times
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

A slow reply to your product endorsement I know but....thanks for the positive review.

It looks to me that the Giant Loop may be easier to clean but we’ve seen the Mosko Moto stuff in the flesh and it does look tough and fairly easy to use.
The beaver tail idea looks excellent.

A question....how much muck and dust makes its way on to the dry bags between the outer ‘holder’ part of the system?
Your help is much appreciated.
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

OnHellas wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:13 am A slow reply to your product endorsement I know but....thanks for the positive review.

It looks to me that the Giant Loop may be easier to clean but we’ve seen the Mosko Moto stuff in the flesh and it does look tough and fairly easy to use.
The beaver tail idea looks excellent.

A question....how much muck and dust makes its way on to the dry bags between the outer ‘holder’ part of the system?
Your help is much appreciated.
I don't remember any ingress of dust or water......
Attachments
river 2.jpg
river 2.jpg (74.14 KiB) Viewed 6218 times
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
mechanic

Post by mechanic »

I had a Giant loop handle bar bag bought for me as a present. £50. Over here. It is small and just hangs on the handle bar brace on Velcro straps. The very open Zip leaks badly as it’s not sealed in any way. Put me right off the brand.
prg4967

Post by prg4967 »

I’ve used a giant loop coyote on several overseas trips, did exactly what I expected of it....I can’t comment on Mosko Moto stuff as I’ve never used it..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MotoCP

Post by MotoCP »

If funds allow, I will seriously consider the Mosko Moto Reckless system (designed by seasoned ‘adventure’ riders) when I buy soft panniers in the future.

Pricey yes, but I recon the reputable quality, and ability to swap out any damaged components should offer a lifetime (in my case) of service.

I like the flexibility of the system fitting virtually any bike with no need for luggage racks, so ideal for fly/ride holiday as the MM owner demonstrates in his various packing tip YouTube videos.

The R40 would be nice and compact, ideal on a lighter, smaller capacity bike in the summer months when you can get by with a smaller tent and less clothes as demonstrated by this KTM 350exc rider’s luggage combination (Skip to 1min 30sec).

I think I will however check out the R80 to see how well it compresses down when not needing the full storage capacity. I also like the rear pockets in the low slung pannier legs that nicely houses 2 x 2L ‘Fuel Friend’ containers/Oil/Water.

Let us know what you plump for and how it well it works out.

Return to “ACCESSORIES”