tyre pressure alarm

The essential art of farkling.
fw750x

Re: tyre pressure alarm

Post by fw750x »

Hi Minkyhead Can You Tell Me Does the Unit Detatch from the Mount and How Long does it work from a Full Charge, I Almost Bought the Garmin Version when the Zumo 590 Came Out but So Many People said that the Garmin Kept Loosing the Signal on the Rear Wheel and the Garmin Version was Almost £90 Cheers Francis
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

yes it detached its a threaded mount that attaches to the handlebar .....i wanted it in me eylene so made me own ..seen quite a few good reviews on you tube on it ...mended me pucture today and out again all normal ....ive had em about 8 weeks and the main unit has full bars on the indicator ..seems ok so far ...8 weeks aint long i know but all seems ok to me

whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

simonw wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:02 am I seem to recall reading something ages ago about the sensors on these kinds of devices (not specifically this one) failing, leading to a sudden and catastrophic deflation. Or have I imagined that?
The problem is the additional weight of the unit on the end of the valve, some are not recommended on rubber stems, the additional rotational force can add up to a lot more weight, extreme example but a Veron at top speed takes the weight of a tyre valve from grams to kilograms!
Can`t remember the numbers but it`s a lot!
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Good point Nigel most cars have rubber valves maybe the ones with gauges are metal.... All tyres over 50psi should have metal valve stems to avoid ruptures etc..
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Also some cars have an internal sensor and they can be a pita saying low psi when the tyre is cold!

Return to “ACCESSORIES”