OGIO MX 450 tool belt

The essential art of farkling.
daveuprite

Re: OGIO MX 450 tool belt

Post by daveuprite »

Spanners On Tour wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 2:34 pm
daveuprite wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 2:03 pm
Spanners On Tour wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 12:25 pm If you do used the MX 450 or something similar, how do you pack?
Probably the same as most. Front mudguard, as close to the headlight unit as possible (to stop the mudguard flexing and cracking), and rear mudguard, as close to the rear of the seat unit as poss.

I've never tried these throw over filler-cap mounted tank bags, but they look quite useful. Very clever types make a neat metal tool box ahead and below their exhaust headers - keeps the weight low. Takes a beating there though so has to be v tough.

As said above, that's a great pic of your bike in a pirogue.
It's funny, I'm a diver by profession and have spent half my life at sea, but being in a small boat, with my bike, sailing on the Indian Ocean off the coast of Mozambique, with a big thunderstorm behind us made me slightly nervous. Nothing a cold beer at the other end couldn't fix. It was the most natural thing for the locals though.
Can't say I'm any kind of natural sailor myself, especially in small boats. In 1990 I took a dhow up the Tanzanian coast from Zanzibar to Pemba and on up to Lamu (Kenyan/Somali border), fishing off the deck and cooking it up on board, nights under amazing stars etc. Bloody fabulous memories, but took a while to get my sea legs. There was a great German guy with an early XT on board and we drank Tusker beer together every night talking some great bollocks. If you've got any more East Africa pics feel free to post 'em up.
soho

Post by soho »

MudFing wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 12:51 pm Im going to agree with the H+S assessors here :p

Had a plain old m8 hex bolt go right through the side of my boot once on a light fall, that was a non pointy thing through a leather boot. If it had been any longer it would have gone into my shin. I imagine a screwdriver going through a fabric bag would make a nice mess of the squishy bits the other side.

The bag itself looks alright, I'd just strap it round the bike somewhere rather than round me!

PS...that's a great picture of the bike in the canoe! 8-) I don't doubt you could ride round the world many time over without getting a screwdriver in the liver, but why risk it, when you could strap them to the frame/seat/subframe etc.
One good poke from my AT bars & clutch lever collapsed my lung, lacerated my liver and took out my spleen ! You never know what's gonna' hit you. I now wear full torso protection even to Tesco's. Losing limbs is a real bugger, but organs gan be quite useful too ! :P

(love that skyline photo)
Spanners On Tour

Post by Spanners On Tour »

daveuprite wrote:
Spanners On Tour wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 2:34 pm
daveuprite wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 2:03 pm
Spanners On Tour wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 12:25 pm If you do used the MX 450 or something similar, how do you pack?
Probably the same as most. Front mudguard, as close to the headlight unit as possible (to stop the mudguard flexing and cracking), and rear mudguard, as close to the rear of the seat unit as poss.

I've never tried these throw over filler-cap mounted tank bags, but they look quite useful. Very clever types make a neat metal tool box ahead and below their exhaust headers - keeps the weight low. Takes a beating there though so has to be v tough.

As said above, that's a great pic of your bike in a pirogue.
It's funny, I'm a diver by profession and have spent half my life at sea, but being in a small boat, with my bike, sailing on the Indian Ocean off the coast of Mozambique, with a big thunderstorm behind us made me slightly nervous. Nothing a cold beer at the other end couldn't fix. It was the most natural thing for the locals though.
Can't say I'm any kind of natural sailor myself, especially in small boats. In 1990 I took a dhow up the Tanzanian coast from Zanzibar to Pemba and on up to Lamu (Kenyan/Somali border), fishing off the deck and cooking it up on board, nights under amazing stars etc. Bloody fabulous memories, but took a while to get my sea legs. There was a great German guy with an early XT on board and we drank Tusker beer together every night talking some great bollocks. If you've got any more East Africa pics feel free to post 'em up.
That sounds like an awesome trip. We managed to put away a few Tuskers as well. We did follow the coast line for most parts from Dar down to Pemba (The one in Mozambique) and as soon as we got out of Dar and away from the people flocking to Zanzibar we didn’t see any other tourists until a fair way into Mozambique.

Funny how you’d bump into some great German guys in the most unlikely of places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yamaha WR400F 1998
Yamaha DT175 2008
Kawasaki KLX250 2017
Suzuki 650 Katana 1984
Honda CB400Four Super Sport 1977

🇩🇰🇦🇹🇨🇭🇨🇺🇩🇪🇮🇩🇮🇹🇰🇪🇰🇭🇲🇾🇲🇿🇳🇴🇳🇿🇹🇭🇹🇿🇻🇳
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

Spanners On Tour wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 4:33 pm The coast line for most parts from Dar down to Pemba (The one in Mozambique) and as soon as we got out of Dar and away from the people flocking to Zanzibar we didn’t see any other tourists until a fair way into Mozambique.

Funny how you’d bump into some great German guys in the most unlikely of places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Okay I think you've got it now nearly all on this forum frown up wearing tool belts an would rather you strapped your tools to your bike.
So how about you do us all a favour and post up a little ride report and post some more of your great photos.
Especially useful on a dank and dreary day like today in the UK

Return to “ACCESSORIES”