Fog Lights

The essential art of farkling.
wazzanic

Fog Lights

Post by wazzanic »

Hi
im new here and wondering if anyone has any adivce on reasonablely proced fog/auxilliary lights for 15reg tiger 800 xcx, i really like them but the triumph ones are a bit too pricey but i dont want rubbish off ebay.

Cheers
zimtim

Re: Fog Lights

Post by zimtim »

wazzanic wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 9:56 pm Hi
im new here and wondering if anyone has any adivce on reasonablely proced fog/auxilliary lights for 15reg tiger 800 xcx, i really like them but the triumph ones are a bit too pricey but i dont want rubbish off ebay.

Cheers
I know you said you dont want rubbish of off Ebay,
i have had a set of these on my bike and they have been through all sorts of weather taken a hammering off road through mud and crap and are still working perfectly well, and for the price if i drop the bike and one smashes then i will just order up a new set
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2pcs-18W-Adj ... Sw~CFY7HeD

Quite a few of us on here use them
Teflon Jnr

Post by Teflon Jnr »

Agree these for the money are great had them on my versys for about 20k miles and I've put a set on my KTM last year
Jesus rides a Harley and the devil wears prada

🇩🇪 🇧🇪 🇬🇧 🇮🇪 🇫🇷 🇮🇲 🇱🇺
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

I'll second those lights, brill for the money, mine have been bashed, beaten, drowned, done 20,000km, and still working well.
vRSG60

Post by vRSG60 »

These worked for me. Lots of UK sellers but I think they are all the same.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Spot-LED-A ... 0012.m1985

By the way, it used to be easy to add a hyperlink to text. Now I've no idea how to do it????
Out On The Floor - Keep The Faith
Craggrat

Post by Craggrat »

I bought some spot lights off eBay, first installation the wiring caught fire, think that might have been my fault 😂
When I got a new wiring loom n got them working, they lasted. About two weeks.
I’ve bought GIVVI ones now, easy to install. Must have been cos I put them on my bike. 😂
They cost about £140 ordered them from Italy they were a lot cheaper..
I’ve been in some of the worst weather possible. Rode from Ireland to Doncaster in driving rain.
And they still work, for £140 they should. They really light the road up at night, but most of all they make you stand out,
HedgeHopper

Post by HedgeHopper »

They all come from China anyway, only difference is the big brands send a rep over to give the factory manager a talking to about Quality control.
Chances are the cheapo ones will be ok, but chances are even better the brand named one will be good
so It's all down to balancing cost against risk of a duffer.

I've had an ebay LED Lamp as a landing lightwhich I leave on strobe setting throughout a flight for 3 years now, its great, doesnt interfere with my radio (most do) and it cost a tenner :D

Return to “ACCESSORIES”