Something like Rok Straps

The essential art of farkling.
Brenhden

Something like Rok Straps

Post by Brenhden »

Hi all,

Everyone knows and loves Rok Straps. I'm looking for a similar product with the following properties:

Adjustable between 30 and 50cm long.

Heavy Elastic.

Flat Side Release Buckles (like Rok Straps).

It's for holding my tool bags on the side of my fairing.

Cheers

Bren
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
OB1

Re: Something like Rok Straps

Post by OB1 »

Brenhden wrote: ↑Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:00 pm Hi all,

Everyone knows and loves Rok Straps. I'm looking for a similar product with the following properties:

Adjustable between 30 and 50cm long.

Heavy Elastic.

Flat Side Release Buckles (like Rok Straps).

It's for holding my tool bags on the side of my fairing.

Cheers

Bren

Why not use ROK Straps? :lol:

Seriously, why are you looking for something else, or are they too long as standard? Could you modify the webbing side of one to make it shorter?
A β€’ AND β€’ B β€’ CDN β€’ CH β€’ CN β€’ CY β€’ CYM β€’ CZ β€’ D β€’ DK β€’ E β€’ EST β€’ ET β€’ F β€’ FIN β€’ GR β€’ HK β€’ HR β€’ I β€’ IL β€’ IRL β€’ L β€’ LT β€’ LV β€’ M β€’ N β€’ N-IRL β€’ NL β€’ P β€’ PL β€’ Q β€’ RSM β€’ S β€’ SCO β€’ SCV β€’ SLO β€’ TR β€’ USA β€’ YU
justrtw.com
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 1866967289

Or Something like this

There is another product and if I can remember what it was called I will post.. but if you fancy it was on one of Adam Reiman videos I think the NZ KTM rally
Andystrapz😎😎😎
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Cheers Guys,

Well I really like rok straps but I want something that is a continuous unit (like a belt), I should have mentioned that. Also I need 4 or 6 of them and I'm not spending 30 quid and cutting them up. That would be a travesty...

Something like this:
elastic_25_side_trig_black2_small-600x600.jpg
elastic_25_side_trig_black2_small-600x600.jpg (20.1 KiB) Viewed 5398 times
But something trustworthy that can handle the same kind of appalling abuse that all my gear must endure...
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
OB1

Post by OB1 »

zimtim wrote: ↑Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:43 pm https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 1866967289

Or Something like this

There is another product and if I can remember what it was called I will post.. but if you fancy it was on one of Adam Reiman videos I think the NZ KTM rally
Andystrapz😎😎😎

I hadn't seen Andy Strapz before; they look good... https://www.andystrapz.com/category/straps
A β€’ AND β€’ B β€’ CDN β€’ CH β€’ CN β€’ CY β€’ CYM β€’ CZ β€’ D β€’ DK β€’ E β€’ EST β€’ ET β€’ F β€’ FIN β€’ GR β€’ HK β€’ HR β€’ I β€’ IL β€’ IRL β€’ L β€’ LT β€’ LV β€’ M β€’ N β€’ N-IRL β€’ NL β€’ P β€’ PL β€’ Q β€’ RSM β€’ S β€’ SCO β€’ SCV β€’ SLO β€’ TR β€’ USA β€’ YU
justrtw.com
OB1

Post by OB1 »

Brenhden wrote: ↑Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:06 pm Cheers Guys,

Well I really like rok straps but I want something that is a continuous unit (like a belt), I should have mentioned that. Also, I need 4 or 6 of them and I'm not spending 30 quid and cutting them up. That would be a travesty...

Something like this:

But something trustworthy that can handle the same kind of appalling abuse that all my gear must endure...

Bren, I was at Action Outdoors in Ipswich on Saturday (https://www.actionoutdoors.co.uk/) and noticed that they sell webbing and the connectors so you could make your own. Try an outdoor adventure type shop or even eBay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/38mm-50mm-Ad ... ctupt=true
justrtw.com
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

OB1 wrote: ↑Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:18 pm

Well I really like rok straps but I want something that is a continuous unit (like a belt), I should have mentioned that. Also, I need 4 or 6 of them and I'm not spending 30 quid and cutting them up. That would be a travesty...

Something like this:

Bren, I was at Action Outdoors in Ipswich on Saturday (https://www.actionoutdoors.co.uk/) and noticed that they sell webbing and the connectors so you could make your own. Try an outdoor adventure type shop or even eBay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/38mm-50mm-Ad ... ctupt=true
Top tip, next time I'm out that way I'll pop in and have a good look round (and probably come out bankrupt with a new tent). I'm using homade currently but its not elasticated. Also in order to hold the strap tight you have to use a secondry buckle after the connector buckle and the webbing buckles I've managed to buy have been crappy quality compared to the premium type.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
OB1

Post by OB1 »

Brenhden wrote: ↑Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:25 pm
OB1 wrote: ↑Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:18 pm

Something like this:

Top tip, next time I'm out that way I'll pop in and have a good look round (and probably come out bankrupt with a new tent). I'm using homade currently but its not elasticated. Also in order to hold the strap tight you have to use a secondry buckle after the connector buckle and the webbing buckles I've managed to buy have been crappy quality compared to the premium type.

I know what you mean... I went in there on Saturday and walked out Β£420 lighter having bought a tent and sleeping bag. Mike spent over Β£600 buying a larger tent, a larger sleeping bag and a roll mat. They seem to like us...
justrtw.com
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

OB1 wrote: ↑Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:31 pm
I know what you mean... I went in there on Saturday and walked out Β£420 lighter having bought a tent and sleeping bag. Mike spent over Β£600 buying a larger tent, a larger sleeping bag and a roll mat. They seem to like us...
Oh my god!!!

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
Paul_C

Post by Paul_C »

By the clips. Buy some flat webbing from a climbing shop. Make them up using a sling / water knot.
Just along for the ride.
Husqvarna 901 Norden. Husqvarna 701 Enduro. Moto Guzzi LeMans II.

Return to β€œACCESSORIES”