Something like Rok Straps

The essential art of farkling.
zimtim

Re: Something like Rok Straps

Post by zimtim »

Bren
I picked up a pair of these
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2877734393
Look at the picture on cardboard of the strap. They are different to normal ROK strap, I use them to tie down my tool bag etc, might be a short for your needs.
steve the grease

Post by steve the grease »

Paul_C wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:05 pm By the clips. Buy some flat webbing from a climbing shop. Make them up using a sling / water knot.
I was going to say the same only with the words , " find someone with an industrial sewing machine to stitch them up"
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

Hey mate. Ive got a decent sewing machine (courtesy of taking a Textiles and Fashion A Level as I was the only bloke in the class ;) )
I’ve stitched (just need a couple of bartacks) loads of stuff up including webbing etc and if you need me to do so then I’d be really happy to for free 👍
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
sledgegreen

Post by sledgegreen »

How about these?

https://greenchileadv.com/collections/b ... straps-kit

The short straps with the Camlock is elasticated, and you can simple join the short and long straps together by feeding the end loops through each other to make endless straps.
chrisjk

Post by chrisjk »

I have had straps made up to my spec in the past by going to a saddlery near a horse riding school. They had all the gear and experience in sewing webbing securely and a range of fasteners to suit. As I recall, their service was not expensive and, I thought, good value.
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Godspeed wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:35 pm Hey mate. Ive got a decent sewing machine (courtesy of taking a Textiles and Fashion A Level as I was the only bloke in the class ;) )
I’ve stitched (just need a couple of bartacks) loads of stuff up including webbing etc and if you need me to do so then I’d be really happy to for free 👍
That is a very kind offer buddy, thank you :)
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪

Return to “ACCESSORIES”