...the puncture cover up!

The essential art of farkling.
Griff097

Re: ...the puncture cover up!

Post by Griff097 »

As a sideways answer to your question I have always 'double' tubed whenever not using mooses.

IE an Extra heavy dudy tube and then a heavy duty tube cut the valve out of it and split it all the way round the inner diameter, then put that over the other tube, a massive thorn will go through the lot, but it helps massively with pinch punctures.

Have used slime recently on a small road bike with a slow leak and it worked perfectly.
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

I use Ultraseal in both tubed and tubeless bike tyres. Works and I have seen the indication of a little blue blob from a thorn on a tubeless tyre before now. Will run at high speeds, unlike Oko which is really for stuff like farm and quarry vehicles where its great...
http://ultrasealgb.co.uk/site/

Not had any issues other than it leaves a filthy mess in the tyre when you change the tubeless tyre. I have put Ultraseal into a slow puncture as a get me home, but prefer to use Tyreweld for this when there is no Ultraseal in... Used Tyreweld type foam in trail bikes since the 80's, I popped it in a front puncture when I got a flat in the Welsh Forests when marshalling the Welsh 2 day.

I finally mended the tube about 6 months later when I changed the tyre!! :lol:
Liam9653

Post by Liam9653 »

A few days ago I saw a useful thing that is suitable for moto and bicycle tires. Try searching for it. The principle is simple, this is a tape that is glued to the inside of the tire and when punctured, it does not let the air in the tire go down, a strong thing, watched several videos this tape withstands a lot.

Return to “ACCESSORIES”