Online Shopping Regret?

The essential art of farkling.
maxriddy

Online Shopping Regret?

Post by maxriddy »

Hello;
Online shopping day by day evolve and comes with a better opportunity to compare the brands, models, cost etc before ordering. Despite of all these, did any of your online buying gear leave you with regret? :x
daveuprite

Re: Online Shopping Regret?

Post by daveuprite »

Yeah. Bought a Shott enduro jacket last year. Bargain end of line type of thing. When it arrived all the zips (yes, ALL the zips) were stuck or stripped themselves as soon as you used them, and the zipper tabs then ripped off as I wrestled to make them work.

Couldn't be arsed to return it, so now I just wear the bloody thing and don't use the pockets. Perhaps it's counterfeit. But it keeps the worst of the mud off and is perfect for cold days, so I'll keep it until I die and the problem is finally solved.
tempesc

Post by tempesc »

Yep bought a shoei helmet online assuming it would be the same fit as the shoei helmet it was replacing. It wasn’t!

On stuff that requires a good fit i now buy in the shop, not on line. (I have a ‘never try in the shop but buy on line principle’ as if we all do that there will be no shops pretty soon to try in).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Yep the wife didnt look that old in the picture :lol: or turn out as promised.....and was a real bugger getting a refund on used goods :roll:
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

I often suffer insomnia and have on many occasions arrived at work bleary eyed and found a load of Amazon/eBay purchase emails waiting for me. I've bought spare wheels, swing arms, a working loom, and boots (which never fit if they come from the web). And that's just the biker stuff...
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

I am going to send that used Mrs Blobby conversion toy back as soon as she takes that silly smile offa her face
Toe

Post by Toe »

tempesc wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:43 am Yep bought a shoei helmet online assuming it would be the same fit as the shoei helmet it was replacing. It wasn’t!

On stuff that requires a good fit i now buy in the shop, not on line. (I have a ‘never try in the shop but buy on line principle’ as if we all do that there will be no shops pretty soon to try in).
I've seen a few people get caught out with Shoei helmets online. All made to the same standard but the shapes vary slightly for different markets (Europe/Asia/NA).
DRZ 400 Daytona 675 | BEL ESP FRA GBR
KHM IDN LAO MMR PHL THA VNM
Slackass Sally

Post by Slackass Sally »

Thai bride
More groom than bride, and definitely not a virgin
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

Never buy anything online when you've drunk more than 1/2 bottle of wine. I bought some size 11 Sidi's without noticing they were EU 11. By the time I realised they pinched on the toes when I walked, it was too late to return them. Expensive mistake :(
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
herman

Post by herman »

Yup replaced my nice slimline jump pack with an all singing and dancing one neglecting to check its size. One Givi pannier later :cry:
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.

Return to “ACCESSORIES”