Do-it-all (adv) tyres

The essential art of farkling.
catcitrus

Re: Do-it-all (adv) tyres

Post by catcitrus »

Mitas E09 rear and a 644 army special front--wear well and work well in most conditions--but as with all blocked tyres don't overinflate for road work and don't use the beans--be gentle -otherwise blocks will tear and wear.
Dansin

Post by Dansin »

The new Michelin Tracker looks like a decent compromise with already rounded off blocks but similar compounds to the Mediums. Cheap enough too. Big bike sizes not available at the moment but small capacity bike sizes available from Enduro Tyres.
frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

Thanks for all the advice. I know tyre selection is a very personal choice and what is right for one may not suit another. It is as contentious as a "what is the best oil?" thread. I sort of wanted to know what i could get away with in terms of having a tyre which did not scare me on the road wet or dry and got me up a few easy trails in the uk and could manage a reasonable length trip in Spain or portugal without turning into a slick. I know there is always a trade off between on and off road performance but you really cant go too wrong as a tyre is a consumeable so it is an easy mistake to rectify.
I am sort of thinking Mitas E09 rear and Mitas E10 front as it looks like a michelin T63 which i ran on my MT350 for ten years(not the same one! :D :D :D ) I do like Pirelli MT21 as well for a front tyre choice. I think the Conti TKC 80 is worth considering.
FatFreddy

Post by FatFreddy »

frenchy3 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:19 am Thanks for all the advice. I know tyre selection is a very personal choice and what is right for one may not suit another. It is as contentious as a "what is the best oil?" thread. I sort of wanted to know what i could get away with in terms of having a tyre which did not scare me on the road wet or dry and got me up a few easy trails in the uk and could manage a reasonable length trip in Spain or portugal without turning into a slick. I know there is always a trade off between on and off road performance but you really cant go too wrong as a tyre is a consumeable so it is an easy mistake to rectify.
I am sort of thinking Mitas E09 rear and Mitas E10 front as it looks like a michelin T63 which i ran on my MT350 for ten years(not the same one! :D :D :D ) I do like Pirelli MT21 as well for a front tyre choice. I think the Conti TKC 80 is worth considering.
Different kind of bike to yours but I’m having TKC80’s put on my F650Gs(twin) today. Will be a week or two before I know if I made the right decision.
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

Maybe somethiing like this is a good compromise. The central rib will reduce wear, but the edges are definately off road orientated.
https://motoztyres.com/adventure-tyres/ ... nator-gps/
FatFreddy

Post by FatFreddy »

qcnr wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:13 pm Maybe somethiing like this is a good compromise. The central rib will reduce wear, but the edges are definately off road orientated.
https://motoztyres.com/adventure-tyres/ ... nator-gps/
Contacted uk supplier a few weeks back and they didn’t have my sizes in stock until April.
Thats old news of course, and just cos they don’t have what I need doesn’t mean......
Read some great reviews on these though apparently v similar to Heidenau k60’s but with better grip.

Return to “ACCESSORIES”