Share your luggage knowledge pls.

The essential art of farkling.
FatFreddy

Re: Share your luggage knowledge pls.

Post by FatFreddy »

A further update. After being tipped off by OnHellas, I have just purchased a pair of Jesse boxes at a massive discount.
Feels like a bit of an impulse buy as before this morning I'd never heard of them but they seem to be pretty hi spec, the RRP is £1180 and I got em for £699.
Fingers crossed I won't be sorry.
motorbike

Post by motorbike »

lomo crash bar bags...£39 very good see lomo glasgow
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

I use SW Motech throw over saddle bags with an Oxford Aqua roll top bag strapped on the rear seat (either a 20 litre or a 50 litre) with Rok Straps.

Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
FatFreddy

Post by FatFreddy »

motorbike wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:51 pm lomo crash bar bags...£39 very good see lomo glasgow
Thanks. Don’t currently have crash bars fitted. They are next on the list.
FatFreddy

Post by FatFreddy »

Scott_rider wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:15 pm I use SW Motech throw over saddle bags with an Oxford Aqua roll top bag strapped on the rear seat (either a 20 litre or a 50 litre) with Rok Straps.

Thanks. I wanted something lockable.
Just fitted my Jesse luggage yesterday. Was a bastard to fit as the Akropovic slip on that’s currently on the bike is obviously slightly larger than the OE equipment.
Can’t decide whether to fit a top box too, or get a roll top bag.
Cone

Post by Cone »

FatFreddy wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:31 am
Scott_rider wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:15 pm I use SW Motech throw over saddle bags with an Oxford Aqua roll top bag strapped on the rear seat (either a 20 litre or a 50 litre) with Rok Straps.

Just fitted my Jesse luggage yesterday. Was a bastard to fit as the Akropovic slip on that’s currently on the bike is obviously slightly larger than the OE equipment.
If you’ve got allot boxes get an alloy top one too. If you go out withou a pillion you can still carry extra on a roll bag behind you
FatFreddy

Post by FatFreddy »

Cone wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:35 am
FatFreddy wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:31 am

If you’ve got allot boxes get an alloy top one too. If you go out withou a pillion you can still carry extra on a roll bag behind you
These boxes are allegedly alloy. Feel armour plated tbh. Really solid. And yes, thanks, I probably will go for the top box.
Cone

Post by Cone »

92F565A2-A165-4076-82D4-20195AE9E880.jpeg
92F565A2-A165-4076-82D4-20195AE9E880.jpeg (66.63 KiB) Viewed 3039 times
It’s a bad photo but I had lots of room with this 40l lomo hold all strapped in front of the box
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

As it’s partly my fault that you’ve got the Jesse Panniers I feel that I should offer an apology for your struggles. 😳

As for the top box, the Jesse one is as good as the side cases. The plate for the top box is pretty big so very usable if you decide to leave the box at home sometimes.

For our current trip we have five boxes between the two bikes and everything fits in them. Tools, spares, tent and camping stuff, clothes, the lot.

Sorry if I’m repeating myself, probably even threepeating!!
FatFreddy

Post by FatFreddy »

OnHellas wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:47 am As it’s partly my fault that you’ve got the Jesse Panniers I feel that I should offer an apology for your struggles. 😳

As for the top box, the Jesse one is as good as the side cases. The plate for the top box is pretty big so very usable if you decide to leave the box at home sometimes.

For our current trip we have five boxes between the two bikes and everything fits in them. Tools, spares, tent and camping stuff, clothes, the lot.

Sorry if I’m repeating myself, probably even threepeating!!
No way you can be held responsible for my dim-wittedness.
I just assumed an after market exhaust would be smaller than the OE, not bigger!

It's a VERY tight fit, but seems ok. (If I'd paid for the akropovic I'd be stressing, but it was already on the bike when I got it and tbh is a bit underwhelming. More a cosmetic "upgrade" than anything else)
As for the boxes, they are solid bits of kit aren't they?

Return to “ACCESSORIES”