LED Indicator Upgrade?

The essential art of farkling.
MotoCP

LED Indicator Upgrade?

Post by MotoCP »

Evening all.

I’m toying with the idea of removing the standard indicators from my old Africa Twin (XRV ‘96) to modernise its looks a bit.

There’s nothing actually wrong with the existing units, in fact they’ve taken years of abuse without breakage and I’ve never even changed a bulb in the twelve years I’ve been riding the bike.

I read a review on ADVrider recently that tested a number of modern LED indicators but an old Honda bulb type indicator won the test giving the brightest and best all round spread of light.

So, any thoughts/recommendations for an upgrade?

I’m aware I will also need to swap out the relay so I don’t want to waste money if the ‘upgrade’ ends up inferior in durability and practicality.

I do quite like the look of the DRC LED indicators. Anyone tried these or can recommend others?

Cheers
Chris
bowber

Re: LED Indicator Upgrade?

Post by bowber »

Can't recommend any indicator's but if your bike only has one dash indicator you need to fit diode's in the feeds to it or the indicators won't work. Can't remember how the AT is set up.

Steve
Fried Egg Sandwich

Post by Fried Egg Sandwich »

Not strictly necessary to fit diodes.
I run LEDs on the back and normal bulbs on the front of my DRZ. I did have LEDs all round but they were not bright enough at the front, so I reverted the front ones to conventional bulbs.
Just had to swap out the normal flasher relay for a LED relay from eBay which cost £14, and both work fine.
👍
Suzuki DRZ400S
BMW R1150GS
Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797)
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

If you do change to LED indicators, then there's ones that include a position / DRL light as well. Yamaha sell this one:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-YAMA ... 1438.l2649

and it includes the required resistor. Loads of similar ones on Ebay that are a bit cheaper.
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

Theres these BMW style indicator which look quite good
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Motorcycl ... 1438.l2649
Brainfency

Post by Brainfency »

Looks preatty cool

Return to “ACCESSORIES”