rfid keyless igniton

The essential art of farkling.
Mikekitts81

rfid keyless igniton

Post by Mikekitts81 »

so i been looking at these keyless igniton systems rfids
rfid system keyless.jpg
rfid system keyless.jpg (60.68 KiB) Viewed 4111 times
there more put out there for cars to open doors and give the car power when you walk 1.5 metres in distance of the car with the fob. oviously i would need to wire the start button to my orignal push starter button on the bike instead of using there buttons but just thought it would be good . put the fob in my helmet with some 3 m tape under the linning and you wouldnt even notice it there. i could simply pick up the helmet and go no keys needed . also when your in petrol station etc walk away from the bike its dead wont give it any power so dont need to turn on or off and no worries of someone trying to kick over the bike or start it with a button . some guys put on seret switches and buttons are great but think these would be better . i imagine it could work also like a lanyard if you come off and the bike leaves you it will switch off aslong as it goes far enough away . and the theif would fined it harder to wire it and go as it wont have a key ignition you can just take the wire from and wire together it would be a system hid under all the seats or plastics so just to get to it you would have to take the bike to pieces . guess my question is as anyone tried one or done something similar to there bike ?
All things built not bought . The only way is adventure .
pinball1008

Re: rfid keyless igniton

Post by pinball1008 »

Interesting to see this topic being raised. Just a couple of days ago I watched this video and was intrigued by the thought of my bike ignition being turned on with an rfid chip. This particular system also allows for an rfid "pellet" which could be stitched into a glove perhaps to operate the system. I don't have the spare cash for this but I'm interested in the system and would consider it if I could afford it.
No doubt there are inherent vulnerabilities in a system such as this and perhaps it's just too gimmicky.
Not all those wandering are lost
Mikekitts81

Post by Mikekitts81 »

i locked at the m lock myself and aslo the m units as they seem a good unit for my build i especially like the fact the unit doesnt short everything if a ground on something goes bad and sends a surge back into the system but the price of the m lock seems alot more than the rfid systems that are out there 20 pound uk seller or 100 for the m lock .
Mikekitts81

Post by Mikekitts81 »

just been watching one of royal jordans aswell which seems to let you still use it if you use the kill switch so some sort of wiring will have to be put in place for that so it cant be used even when they use the killl switch. one thing i didnt get about the video thou is if you are with in 1.5 metres of your bike and a bike theif comes to sit on it surely you wouldnt be waiting for him to ride off just saying
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

My Beta is already keyless - in that there is no key at all.

But for those with keys this idea looks great. Just walk up to your bike and ride without all that faffing about with a bunch of keys you left in your zipped up pocket having already put your gloves on. Done it loads of times.
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Hey me old panzer is key less......just touch the starter and go :lol: :lol:
pinball1008

Post by pinball1008 »

Cheaper option here that might do it.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/brand-n ... 76211.html?
Not all those wandering are lost
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

Easy enough to steal keyless ignition cars, when they have it from the factory.
Why would an aftermarket chinese bolt on bodge be more difficult, especially
on a bike, that can just be lifted into a van.
cozi70

Post by cozi70 »

What about the steering lock activation?
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

What are you going to do when you stop to fill up with petrol and realise you've left the key for the cap at home?

Return to “ACCESSORIES”