Rally Raid foam grips. Any good?

The essential art of farkling.
DavidS

Rally Raid foam grips. Any good?

Post by DavidS »

Rather than the stop start riding I’ve been doing since I roadified the 690 Enduro, I went for a longer bimble today and after about 30 miles of B road fun, I lost all feeling in my hands.
Eventually did about 70 miles but with a lunch stop and something definitely needs to be done.

So, has anyone used the Ralleye Foam grips and do they help?
http://www.rally-raidproducts.co.uk/KTM ... m%20-grips
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Tramp

Re: Rally Raid foam grips. Any good?

Post by Tramp »

Lots of posts about dead hand syndrome, i use grip puppiesn ccm644 so a single vibrating machine...helps me but tge grip diameter is larger....try isolating the vibration getting to the bars maybe a better solution..

http://www.grip-puppy.co.uk/
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

They look interesting and not enough money to care if they don’t work.
More than happy to have a bigger grip anyway, possibly part of the trouble in the first place as I have medium large hands.
I always had big grips on squash and tennis rackets but, oddly, a beautiful thin wooden rim on my TVR.

Anti vibe clamps are well north of £100 so the Puppies are worth a punt I reckon but I’ll see if there any other suggestions this evening.
My old Triumph has small rubber mounts but it still makes my eyes vibrate. I’ve just fitted the bigger barrel grips there as well.

Thanks for replying 😀
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

I can't remember what they are called but I borrowed some while at Sweet Lamb riding. I've had 5 hand ops so any significant vibration / hard gripping hurts after a while. You put your fingers through it & covers your palm / joints, they go under your gloves. Enduro riders use them so someone can tell you what they're called, send a link?

Problem I find with the large grips (for my smallish hands) you lose the feel of the bike
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
bill_qaz

Post by bill_qaz »

HEAVIER BAR WEIGHTS TO CHANGE THE FREQUENCY :?:
Magnon

Post by Magnon »

I use the rally grips from adventure spec mostly because I like the bigger diameter but theyalsodamp out the vibration. Pro grip I think?
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

bill_qaz wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:25 pm HEAVIER BAR WEIGHTS TO CHANGE THE FREQUENCY :?:
Thanks but I’ve got wrap around handguards fitted so not an option here.
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

P4ulie wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:23 pm I can't remember what they are called but I borrowed some while at Sweet Lamb riding. I've had 5 hand ops so any significant vibration / hard gripping hurts after a while. You put your fingers through it & covers your palm / joints, they go under your gloves. Enduro riders use them so someone can tell you what they're called, send a link?

Problem I find with the large grips (for my smallish hands) you lose the feel of the bike
Thanks - look interesting and certainly bright.
I’ll have a ponder but am inclined to the Grip Puppy at the moment for ease of fitting and not wrecking the existing grips.
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
RandG

Post by RandG »

I've had grip puppys on my GS for the last couple of years, very comfortable but a tad bulky.

Return to “ACCESSORIES”