Super Tenere sat nav mount / touring screen

The essential art of farkling.
thebiggestjolly

Super Tenere sat nav mount / touring screen

Post by thebiggestjolly »

Hi all,

Just bought a 2013 Super Ten and starting to get it set up for me. It's already got a sat nav mount (the SW motech one https://sw-motech.com/en/bike/YAMAHA/XT ... 003954.htm and what I think is the Yamaha touring screen. The mount is fine, but I could do with a taller / adjustable screen. The tallest I've seen so far is the givi airflow. Does anyone know if the screen will still work with the sat nav mount?

Alternatively, any suggestions for screens? I'm 6'5, the blast from the current screen is hitting my lid. Lots of wind noise and buffeting. Considering trying the stock lower screen so at least the wind would be hitting my chest, rather than lid.

Thoughts?

Cheers all
Jolly
Yoyo

Re: Super Tenere sat nav mount / touring screen

Post by Yoyo »

I'd keep the screen and add a spoiler to the top of it, there is a guy in Russia that makes them, 5 days for delivery and great value at £30.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

herman

Post by herman »

I have the MRA X-creen on mine, most happy with it over the standard. ImageDSC01125 by herman munster, on Flickr
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
SHarper

Post by SHarper »

herman wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:55 pm I have the MRA X-creen on mine, most happy with it over the standard. ImageDSC01125 by herman munster, on Flickr
I’ve seen a few photos of your bike and in everyone my eyes get drawn to the vast expanse of what must be the exhaust, it’s huuuuge and fugly...
RH_SCOTLAND

Post by RH_SCOTLAND »

I have the MRA Vario on my S10 and find it works well.
Some people are alive simply because its illegal to kill them....
herman

Post by herman »

SHarper wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:09 pm
herman wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:55 pm I have the MRA X-creen on mine, most happy with it over the standard. ImageDSC01125 by herman munster, on Flickr
I’ve seen a few photos of your bike and in everyone my eyes get drawn to the vast expanse of what must be the exhaust, it’s huuuuge and fugly...
Its mostly heat shield but yes its not the prettiest thing. Until recently I had a lighter shorter can on it which improved things but I found the extra noise irksome on long hauls.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
thebiggestjolly

Thanks all, had a MRA spoiler on my transalp and it worked well, might do the same. Heard good repors of the madstat bracket too so might look at that.

In the mean time, if anyone wants to swap a stock low screen for my OEM tall screen I'd be up for that!

Cheers
Jolly
RandG

Post by RandG »

I have a givi airflow screen from when I had an ST10, was the only screen that ever worked the air away properly, PM if you're interested in it.
thebiggestjolly

RandG wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:51 pm I have a givi airflow screen from when I had an ST10, was the only screen that ever worked the air away properly, PM if you're interested in it.
Definitely! Just PMd you but it's sat in my outbox, not sent, so dunno if it's gone. Dont suppose you're selling it on ebay currently? Just made an offer on one 20 mins ago!

Cheers
Jolly
RandG

Post by RandG »

Not me, mines is sitting in the loft where it's been for the past 2 years since I sold the bike.

Return to “ACCESSORIES”