Hand Guards

The essential art of farkling.
PHILinFRANCE

Hand Guards

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Yep more decisions ;) i've always had the wrap-around type ......like these rascals are wearing

Image20170417_191823 by Philip Parkinson, on Flickr

But as i do like to have the odd "rest" ;) while trail riding i nearly always bang the outside of my hand on the ally return to the bars and it proper hurts :( getting soft in me old age :roll:

But when the KTM 400 came along it only had what i call bush guards

Image20180203_160921 by Philip Parkinson, on Flickr

And yes i have binned it several times and no " Handy Hurty " 8-) and no snapped levers 8-) so they'll be staying , after all when you watch the pros racing they all just have the bush guard types
daveuprite

Re: Hand Guards

Post by daveuprite »

Well for me Phil it's not so much the falling off (as you know I am an experienced test pilot in that respect), but mainly the tree trunks. When we do the nadgery single track stuff through the woods I quite often strike the odd tree (it's very odd that tree... :D ) and the wrap-arounds may well have saved me a broken finger. It just feels better (for me) knowing that my hands are fully protected all round. I've never had that banged hand on the bars that you're talking about.

It'll probably happen now this Sunday in Rocky....
herman

Post by herman »

Wrap arounds are not allowed for racing, we have pretty much followed France in that respect. I however prefer them for Dave's reasons plus a hit on the right bar slams the front brake on. I have two new sets of KTM open ones here cheap btw.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
bowber

Post by bowber »

When were they stopped for racing? I used to use them on all my bikes years ago but I've not raced for a good few years.
wasn't something to do with going over the bars and getting your arm stuck in them was it?

i prefer the full wrap around ones for the reasons mentioned earlier, the only time I've broken a lever recently was because I fell off my 400 while they weren't fitted.

Steve

My mate thought it'd be good fun to go down a very over grown trail the same day and boy was it fun having my clutch lever and brake lever activated at random times for me!
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

What are the ones called that are sort of "S" shaped at the bar fitting end ?
IanB

Post by IanB »

PHILinFRANCE wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:21 pm What are the ones called that are sort of "S" shaped at the bar fitting end ?
These Phil ?

https://www.adventure-spec.com/default/ ... -bars.html
Time knows no limits for days such as these.............
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Cycra pro ....all the way, have binned the panzer countless times and are still pukka :D
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

There're the ones Ian BUY £102.50 !!!! wow whis i'd invented them .......are people just make in prices up nower days :o

I know Steve but i'm just blown away with that price
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

I can buy 6 pairs of my favourite cheapies for that:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pair-Univers ... Sw61hagW7e

And they've already proved themselves to be pretty strong, after I think about 20 crashes so far without moving or bending at all...
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

You never paid that much for them Dave.....thought they were only a fiver... :lol:

Return to “ACCESSORIES”