Bike to bike communication

The essential art of farkling.
scotsy

Bike to bike communication

Post by scotsy »

I have a cheapo BT headset from ALDI (quesh? ) but i am on the verge of buying a 'cardo scala packtalk duo' with a riding buddy for our ride to Bulgaria at end of May. It uses DMC technology which I believe is known as MESH to automatically make and break connections to your designated 'buddies' and all controllable by an App on your phone.

There will be three of us in our group and we would all like to buy compatible units. The reason for 2 of us buying a 'Duo' set is that those 2 units are pre-paired together already and the duo packtalk works out cheaper than buying 'solo' ones.

Are we missing something better out there?

ian :D
Craig-SM

Re: Bike to bike communication

Post by Craig-SM »

I have the Packtalk Duo, for the wife and myself, they weren’t pre-paired but that was two years ago. My brother bought a Smartpack too after his helmet and Sena were stolen.
Setup was a bit fiddly and using the app makes it easier. Controls using the dial and buttons can be a bit hit and miss and I prefer to use voice commands. Watch the videos for setting up rather than the booklet as the later just confuses matters. They do work with other Bluetooth headsets too , well at least Sena ones.
Sound is nice and clear but not overly loud, larger speakers are available but I use custom earplugs with built speakers which are great.
Check for firmware updates when you get them to ensure they are trouble free.
A full charge will last you around 8-9 hours so more than enough for a days riding and they charge up quickly too.

Return to “ACCESSORIES”