Tailpack

The essential art of farkling.
Timbo65

Tailpack

Post by Timbo65 »

I've just traded my GSA for a KTM SAS. I used to have a handy tail pack fitted where the pillion would of sat. I'm looking for the same for the KTM, any recommendations. Something I can leave on the bike would be preferred.
deksawyer

Re: Tailpack

Post by deksawyer »

Just bought one of these from ebay, for 35 quid, and I have to say, it feels pretty good. Loads of straps and connection points underneath, and substantially cheaper than a similar Kriega. Zip pocket on the top, velcro flap pocket on the rear and a roll top with 3 closing clips, and 4 extra straps included for further eventualities....It's going on the rack of the KTM.

daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

That looks pretty good. I really should buy one, strap it to the rear of my seat and then lose it straight away on my first outing. This is what i do with all bike packs. I've left several of them around France, usually complete with a generous donation of useful tools for the finder.
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

Those Autokicker look good, I wonder how the 30l would work as a pair of paniers. .
Need to do some research.me thinks.
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

The 15 litre tail pack doesn't have a good review here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Autokicker-L ... aIZq8#rwid
Morph

Post by Morph »

Oop North John wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:10 pm The 15 litre tail pack doesn't have a good review here:

by drewnew2000 19 Jul, 2017

Poor Quality

Very disappointed in this item the stitching was very poor and one of the snap in buckles fell of immediately, the item bag just looked very bizarre as to its shape and how it would go in the bike.

Once you figure out roughly how it would go on the bake the is no easy way to remove it, returned it and spent an additional £15 and bought the Kriega 10 bag, much better designed better quality and a great way to snap on and off the bike.

So cannot recommend this item as there has not been enough thought behind the product
Looks like the Kriega Rep!

:lol:
The lightest piece of kit is the one you leave behind...
deksawyer

Post by deksawyer »

Morph wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:47 pm
Oop North John wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:10 pm The 15 litre tail pack doesn't have a good review here:

by drewnew2000 19 Jul, 2017

Poor Quality

Very disappointed in this item the stitching was very poor and one of the snap in buckles fell of immediately, the item bag just looked very bizarre as to its shape and how it would go in the bike.

Once you figure out roughly how it would go on the bake the is no easy way to remove it, returned it and spent an additional £15 and bought the Kriega 10 bag, much better designed better quality and a great way to snap on and off the bike.

So cannot recommend this item as there has not been enough thought behind the product
Looks like the Kriega Rep!

:lol:

Aye, there's no pleasing some people!

D.

Return to “ACCESSORIES”