Halfords professional range January sale

The essential art of farkling.
Mikekitts81

Halfords professional range January sale

Post by Mikekitts81 »

I be grudge buying myself new stuff for garage if I don't need it but I got a little carried away today in the January sale I bought I new set of trays for my tool chest and it only cost me 142 instead of the 209 it normal cost and they have a lifetime warranty with there professional stuff ...so happy Christmas to me and my garage :) don't normally shop at halfords but thought I would give them ago after the good reviews I've been seeing for them as a good hobby set
Screenshot_20171228-111935.png
Screenshot_20171228-111935.png (114.46 KiB) Viewed 4598 times
Screenshot_20171228-111949.png
Screenshot_20171228-111949.png (91.69 KiB) Viewed 4598 times
All things built not bought . The only way is adventure .
micksea

Re: Halfords professional range January sale

Post by micksea »

Halfords professional stuff is more than good enough for the home mechanic.I exchanged my quarter incheck drive ratchet,no questions asked.after using it for twelve years
Mikekitts81

Post by Mikekitts81 »

Good stuff was a bit sceptical on the warranty and if they would argue it etc doesn't look like it's been used right or something like that but if you had it changed after 12 years then can't be that bad. only pick up tomw thou as they didn't have the 1 item in stock and being lazy couldn't be bothered going twice should come in handy thou for the rally build and the mechanics on my bikes
Big Red

Post by Big Red »

A few years ago I tried to return a flexi ratchet spanner that was slipping. The guy I spoke to wouldn't entertain a replacement unless I had the original purchase receipt, it was only 4 or 5 yrs old but didn't have the receipt so I couldn't get it replaced. Mind its the only thing that has failed from Their professional range
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

I recently bought a stack draw set off Halfords through eBay, the item is very good quality, delivery service was excellent and it had been reduced in price too.

I have to say that I am impressed so far and a happy customer :)

TTFN

Hugh.
Uncle Denz

Post by Uncle Denz »

Thanks for the information.

I was looking at a tool chest on the Halfords site and looked further afield and came across this from SGS:

https://www.sgs-engineering.com/garage- ... s-cabinets

Looks decent value. Won’t be used every day by any means so looks just the job for me. Anyone with any experience before I buy one?
Thanks
Steev68

Post by Steev68 »

When I bought my tool chest and socket set the manager told me to get the receipt, and a piece of the box that said guaranteed for life, and get them laminated as the ink can fade over time on the receipt. I buggered a torx socket and took it back, they gave me another no problem, I told them I lost a 10mm socket and they gave me a handful for free "as they're little bastards and always get lost!" Can't say fairer than that!
I'd like to get my hands on some foam to fit in the trays so I can make it all OCD and pretty too but it's too expensive, but my search continues!!
Craig-SM

Post by Craig-SM »

Never had any problems with getting bits replaced, however having breakages mid way through a job are a ball ache. This was only on the sockets and bits, spanner’s and ratchets have never been a problem.
The sockets in the sets aren’t the same quality as the individual ones you can buy, which is what they give you as replacements. The replacement bits aren’t the same size either for things like the torch bits, which means they won’t fit in the case either.
I gave the socket set away in favour of Bahco, which have been faultless.
Mikekitts81

Post by Mikekitts81 »

Well I picked up today and was quite impressed looks like good quality sturdy and strong .. They give me an e recpit so I'll put that away in my folders somewhere and the picture there say advanced lifetime warranty so hope I won't have an issue did look at the sets but 300 and I didn't get as much as buying in mudlar trays so for 140 I got more tools and I already have a chest anyway but I have been looking at other the USA pro tool don't look bad an for 80 quid I can't complain ... so thanks to all the money I got over Christmas of dad's and mums I now got a new set of tools to help with my build :) that sounds like iam a kid mummy and daddy still giving me money lol ...
Mikekitts81

Post by Mikekitts81 »

IMG_20171229_1429260.jpg
IMG_20171229_1429260.jpg (154.4 KiB) Viewed 4258 times

Return to “ACCESSORIES”