Neck shield

The essential art of farkling.
SHarper

Neck shield

Post by SHarper »

Now, I love my Klim gear, (even though I've recently had to return the trousers for repair), but I've always felt a bit exposed around my neck. With some manufacturers you get a 'neck shield/storm guard', which is a top idea, something that fits around the neck, but over your jacket to stop the seepage that invariably occurs with conventional neck warmers, but they don't sell them separately, usually because they attach to the jacket.
I've looked around for a stand alone product that does this job but up until now have failed to find anything, I have just ordered a Halvarssons neck collar in the hope that it's what I need, but other than a bin liner, what do other ABRers use?
AustinW

Re: Neck shield

Post by AustinW »

Rev'it Amazon Goretex balaclava although only the neck bit goretex. It completely transforms a wet ride. No leaks of water or cold damp air around the neck. Its brilliant.

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorc ... prod/66110

I also have a Knox Cold Killers neck tube going spare if any one wants it. £10 posted.
Attachments
IMG_3759.jpg
IMG_3759.jpg (242.24 KiB) Viewed 3434 times
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

the cold killer type are not too bad at keeping the rain out, and are wind proof and can reach over the top of the jacket.
a plastic bag (from Iceland ) may be ok to cover it in heavy rain?
Tesco bags may be a bit small, but black bags are the elite, I presume :lol:
SHarper

Post by SHarper »

AustinW wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:44 pm Rev'it Amazon Goretex balaclava although only the neck bit goretex. It completely transforms a wet ride. No leaks of water or cold damp air around the neck. Its brilliant.

Ta very muchly Austin, I think the Rev'it jobby is just the ticket, I'll have a bimble up to Get Geared in Leeds, this coming week, it appears Alpinestars do something very similar too, both of which are listed on their website.
AustinW

Post by AustinW »

and the next question will be "tuck in or out"?

Its a bit like gloves, I tuck my gloves into my sleeves but leave the neck collar out. The wife though likes her collar tucked in and tends to leave her gloves out. But, that's women and pillions for you. What do they know? :o
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

I haven't checked this year but I have a selection of Karrimor fleece balaclavas from Sports Direct, I think you can buy about 6 of them for the price of a cold killer.

I use them all winter, keep the wind & the rain off, when it gets really nasty I double up with a North Face neck gator I've had for about a decade.

Personally I find the cost of 'bike gear' to be a piss take
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

I'm under the impression that the Halvarsson neck gear is meant to be worn "tucked in" :roll:

just chuck a good submariners jumper bought from an Army and navy store underneath and you'll be toasty mate

https://www.motolegends.com/casual-clot ... -blue.html

https://www.motolegends.com/casual-clot ... -ecru.html

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself

Return to “ACCESSORIES”