Wannabe Go-Pro action cameras - any hints before i go to Andorra with my credit card?

The essential art of farkling.
herman

Re: Wannabe Go-Pro action cameras - any hints before i go to Andorra with my credit card?

Post by herman »

I have been using mine as a dash cam so far rigged to an old tom tom mount. Very easy to use , download, charge, etc which is what I wanted. I have had a bit of trouble sourcing spare mounts outside the USA so bought these for bike mounting https://www.screwfix.com/p/tesla-20-25m ... pack/9412v
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Simon_100

Re: Wannabe Go-Pro action cameras - any hints before i go to Andorra with my credit card?

Post by Simon_100 »

herman wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:41 am I have been using mine as a dash cam so far rigged to an old tom tom mount. Very easy to use , download, charge, etc which is what I wanted. I have had a bit of trouble sourcing spare mounts outside the USA so bought these for bike mounting https://www.screwfix.com/p/tesla-20-25m ... pack/9412v
Thanks Allen, I tried to find a place to mount in the Kangoo but these modern cars don't have any useful edges ... luckily my bike does so I think I can use the mount that comes with it as well as the self adhesive on my crash helmet. I've bought it from an on-line shop that also has real branches, one of which is in Barcelona so i can see if I can get spare mounts there. The HEDCAM did have a wider range of mounts but as I said above not available at all in Spain as far as I could see.

By the time the camera arrives I should also have had delivery of some bits to get my bike back on the road too so some experimenting planned! :D

Cheers

Simon
PS your company also deals in the EU, could be really useful as we're having building works next year ...
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
herman

Post by herman »

Simon_100 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:25 pm
herman wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:41 am I have been using mine as a dash cam so far rigged to an old tom tom mount. Very easy to use , download, charge, etc which is what I wanted. I have had a bit of trouble sourcing spare mounts outside the USA so bought these for bike mounting https://www.screwfix.com/p/tesla-20-25m ... pack/9412v
Thanks Allen, I tried to find a place to mount in the Kangoo but these modern cars don't have any useful edges ... luckily my bike does so I think I can use the mount that comes with it as well as the self adhesive on my crash helmet. I've bought it from an on-line shop that also has real branches, one of which is in Barcelona so i can see if I can get spare mounts there. The HEDCAM did have a wider range of mounts but as I said above not available at all in Spain as far as I could see.

By the time the camera arrives I should also have had delivery of some bits to get my bike back on the road too so some experimenting planned! :D

Cheers

Simon
PS your company also deals in the EU, could be really useful as we're having building works next year ...
I will pm you my email. Think you have it but I can never find them again.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.

Return to “ACCESSORIES”