Iphone mounts

The essential art of farkling.
exrm193

Iphone mounts

Post by exrm193 »

Has anyone mounted an iphone to their bike??

If so, what mount/clamp did you use?? I've seen lots on Ebay, but I'd like some personal recommendations for something that actually works........Ta
Jak*

Re: Iphone mounts

Post by Jak* »

I bought an I phone 5 with an ultimate add ons case from OB1. I have bought two handlebar attachments one for my outfit where I use Nav mi as a speedo and one on the CCM where I use ViewRanger or OS maps off road. The case is very robust and has proved to be rainproof in some fairly heavy down pours. The case just clips on and off the mount and you can charge it in situ. Off road it all seems to stay on without any issues. The handlebar mounts were about twelve or thirteen quid. I do not know how much the case was as it came with the phone.
Cheers Jak
Rothy

Post by Rothy »

I bought a quad lock and case for my iPhone 7plus few weeks ago. Used it today for first time it’s brill. Easy to clip on and off very robust and the case isn’t bulky at all just like any other so no need to change when using it day to day. Comes with various spacers to fit a selection of handlebars. I have the GS 1200 which is the biggest size it goes upto
BMW R1200GS LC

2018 EuropeanTour
2Weeks, 4500miles & 17 Countries
🇳🇱 🇩🇪 🇨🇿 🇵🇱 🇺🇦 🇷🇴 🇧🇬 🇷🇸 🇧🇦 🇭🇷 🇸🇮 🇦🇹 🇮🇹 🇨🇭 🇫🇷 🇱🇺 🇧🇪
https://spark.adobe.com/page/j7rimGou6IOgR/
KTMBLAG

Post by KTMBLAG »

I use a ram finger grip for my phone. Then there's lots of ways with ram parts to mount to the bike
Tourider

Post by Tourider »

My mate had his i-phone mounted on his handlebars on our trip to Bosnia this year. The temperatures topped 42 degrees for six days running, his i-phone started to delaminate because of the heat.
OB1

Post by OB1 »

@Jak* Glad you're still enjoying the phone and case!

I've been mounting my phone on the bike for several years, since I owned an iPhone 4. I'm now on an iPhone 6s which I have in a LifeProof case: https://www.lifeproof.co.uk/. These cases will withstand being underwater for an hour so a bit of English rain will not hurt the phone.

This is then mounted to the bike using a RamMount X Grip and a few of their clamps and arms: https://www.ram-mount.co.uk/xgrip%C3%82 ... 0_162.html

Easy to use and put on/take off the bike as needed.
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
Londonbiker

Post by Londonbiker »

I currently use a Chinese Knock off version of Ram’s X-grip.

Used it on all my bikes, as long as you secure it well complete with a tether you’ll be fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mikekitts81

Post by Mikekitts81 »

Same as above I use the Chinese x mount knock off never an issue and never let me down as a usb charging port attached and sometimes I use elastic bands as well corner to corner just to make sure it stays on if the x mount springs decide to give never have up to now though and I been using it over a year without fail inline fuse failed once and I once forgot to turn it off and come back to the bike one morning with a flat enough battery for it not to start but that's due to my own stupidity and not turning it off
All things built not bought . The only way is adventure .
frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

Just bought a power cable for my Garmin Map 62 from this company and i was really impressed. I didn,t have time to trawl through all the I phone stuff but give them a look,
http://buybits.com/arkon/smartphone-mounts
GazinaBF

Post by GazinaBF »

frenchy3 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:36 am Just bought a power cable for my Garmin Map 62 from this company and i was really impressed. I didn,t have time to trawl through all the I phone stuff but give them a look,
http://buybits.com/arkon/smartphone-mounts
Thanks for info,very usefull :roll:

Return to “ACCESSORIES”