Kaoko Throttle Stabilizer.

The essential art of farkling.
sprintster

Kaoko Throttle Stabilizer.

Post by sprintster »

WP_20170915_10_45_24_Pro.jpg
WP_20170915_10_45_24_Pro.jpg (101.18 KiB) Viewed 4239 times
Damn you ABR,it looks like you're going to cost me another £90! Just flicking through the latest copy and I saw this advert.I think I'm going to have to get one since I do suffer from numb fingers on a steady throttle.Has anyone else got one?
OB1

Re: Kaoko Throttle Stabilizer.

Post by OB1 »

Although I don't have that product, I do have cruise control on the Tiger 800XCx. I now wonder how I ever lived without it!

Being able to move your right hand around to ease cramp and wrist pains (yes, I'm getting old) is a relief. Also, keeping the bike at a steady speed on the motorway will save you money on fuel.
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
BobH

Post by BobH »

I have one on my 1190 (fitted by pre owner), can't say I use it that much. Just the odd time on a long motorway ride and then just to rest the wrist for a couple of minutes. Works ok, a little dexterity needed to set it but once tension is on it gets easier.
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

I usually try to avoid motorways but next year I'm wanting to get to the Dolomites in two days from Amsterdam.I'm thinking it would be worth it for that.
fraserdog

Post by fraserdog »

I use one on my XT1200,if i don't use it as a full throttle lock i sometimes just use it to just stiffen up the throttle a bit on the motorway as it just takes the strain off your wrist.
Ming

Post by Ming »

Same here. The KTM 1190 annoyingly doesn't have cruise control so this is the next best thing. It's fine on flat roads but remember it locks the throttle in one position, so if you go up a hill it will slow down and vice versa going down hill, unlike proper CC that will hold the speed steady irrespective of incline.
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

I have one of these for info...cheaper...works really well.

:)
Will It Buff Out?
Paul_C

Post by Paul_C »

I had a Kaoko on my previous GS. I didn't really get on with it. It's not a natural movement to lock it on. Ok, it shouldn't be too easy but I rarely used it. I have one similar to the video above on my CCM. Works a treat.
Just along for the ride.
Husqvarna 901 Norden. Husqvarna 701 Enduro. Moto Guzzi LeMans II.
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

Thanks for that Wibo.I'd seen a photo of that before in a previous thread but couldn't figure out how it worked.
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

i have one its very effective ....also easy to use /transfer to any bike ...cruise control on a crf 250 :D :D

whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map

Return to “ACCESSORIES”