Schuberth Helmets

The essential art of farkling.
paulw1882

Schuberth Helmets

Post by paulw1882 »

Afternoon All
I'm thinking of replacing my old Shoei Neotec helmet with a Schuberth C4 with the integrated comms system.
Does anyone have any experience / thoughts on Schuberth helmets good or bad ?
Cheers
Paul
Stewie

Re: Schuberth Helmets

Post by Stewie »

Not had one myself, but all the people I know that have gone from the C3 love them (thumbs)
DanielS

Post by DanielS »

Just the normal comment of "Check to see if your head shape fits"
I love mine and have had a C2, a C3 (With the SRC) and a C3 Pro (With Interphone Bluetooth).
The integrated comms (SRC) is great, it's a rebranded Cardo and I can hear directions, music and even have a proper phone conversation at 70mph.
The dropdown sun visor works a charm too for those sunny days, flip up is great too, saves taking it off at petrol stations or when talking to friends when stopped. I'm happy with mine and haven't had a reason to consider changing.
paulw1882

Post by paulw1882 »

Thanks both, think I will probably get one then.
Interesting comment re size. My shoei is a large but when I tried on the Schubert in the shop I needed an XL, and the member of staff said that Schuberths generally fit smaller the Shoeis
Kipper

Post by Kipper »

Got one and it is my best investment. Moto Legends do 10% below any cheaper supplier but are a good supplier anyway so worth checking. Really quiet and comfortable. I'm normally a 60 but 59 on them. Moto Legends have a size guide and suggest you measure your head. Enjoy
Malc6552

Post by Malc6552 »

I've had the C3Pro and now have the C4 with the Sena Comms, both helmet and comms are a big improvement on the old model
Just helmets will do you a great deal
http://www.justhelmets.co.uk
Farmernd

Post by Farmernd »

Check it fits your head shape. I had a C4 and was tight over my eyes, gave me headaches. Went to a Shoei Neotech and fitted great.
Craig-SM

Post by Craig-SM »

I've just sold a new Schubert S2 Sport due to fit. I'm a large in Shoei and Arai but the Schuberth in the same size was way too tight and no amount of bedding in would make it fit, fairly firm around the jaw and cheeks. I bought the XL and thought it was a pretty good fit but on the bike there was too much movement at the top of the helmet and the vibration made everything blurred.
It was a shame as they are really good quality with a lot thought going into the design. If you have any doubts about the fit then don't buy as they're definitely a more rounded fit
JonnyBravo

Post by JonnyBravo »

C3 is the best fitting helmet I have ever bought, one reason for this I think is because -
Their large is a 58/59 where as everyone else's large is a 59/60 so fits my head spot on.
When nothing is going right - go left
Old Git Ray

Post by Old Git Ray »

My experience is a bit different.
Shape and fit is OK but both that we had (wife and I) on a long trip are falling to bits. The top vent clips fell off on both and the visor on mine will not stay up.
Otherwise comfy but the plastic clips were around £6 each. :ohmy:

Return to “ACCESSORIES”