Schuberth Helmets

The essential art of farkling.
Tim B KTM

Re: Schuberth Helmets

Post by Tim B KTM »

I have a c3 pro. Most money I have ever spent on a hat. Didn't fit right on forehead and had to thumb in the padding to make it comfortable. Works ok now. Like the flip up face and built in sun visor. Got it cos I wanted Bluetooth for satnav which works well. Pin lock still fogs up a bit and mouth vent creates noticeably more noise compared with open and shut. I like it but not sure I'd get another. For the money I spent was sort of expecting perfection. Not sure what I would go for instead. Only a year old so still has plenty of life in it. Unless you're feeling flush I'd be tempted to try and get a bargain cost one or try some other options.
Mike Wright

Post by Mike Wright »

I have the E1 which is a really good quality helmet and very comfortable although the peak was a waste of time and vibrated which was a shame for a £600 helmet!
All in all its quiet comfortable and ncie to wear but overpriced for sure
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Can't comment on the Schuberth but my recent experience of helmet buying showed that pretty much every helmet has a different head fit.
Some were unbelievably uncomfortable and some I couldn't even get over my small head, even in medium.
I think I must have tried half a dozen different makes, or even more, before ending up with another Arai to go with my road lid.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Craig-SM

Post by Craig-SM »

Paul, if your happy with your Shoei Neotec fit and comfort why don't you just buy another and get the Shoei integrated Bluetooth kit for it, which is by Sena.
AustinW

Post by AustinW »

Sideleaner

Post by Sideleaner »

Mike Wright wrote:I have the E1 which is a really good quality helmet and very comfortable although the peak was a waste of time and vibrated which was a shame for a £600 helmet!

All in all its quiet comfortable and ncie to wear but overpriced for sure
Agree, I even took the peak off on the way home from the shop. Unusable that thing. Apart from that a very comfy helmet. I can add that the sunscreen is very good.
Philiptigerrice

Post by Philiptigerrice »

E1: Yep - same with the peak -= maybe good for slower trail riding days - but get out on the motorway, and its a pain in the arse.
One chap commented that the forehead fitted a bit snug and gave him headaches - I had that at first, to a very slight degree. I took a large silver spoon to the padding, and very very carefully compressed it about 1mm which simply did some of the job of breaking the lid in - about 1,000 miles or so later, it fits like a glove. (thumbs)
I got mine from Sports bike shop and only paid about £380 for it - as it was last seasons colours! :laugh:
Greater Manchester
R1200 GS Adv ('08)
Joolz77

Post by Joolz77 »

Got an E1. Love it, really comfy all works well, seems good quality. No such problems with my peak enough to take it off, but as we all know depends on so many variables on airflow and peak position and adjustment. My peak is in the 'high' position. I did notice in vibed a smidge in the lowest setting.
I personally use it as the helmet of choice over my Shoei GT air. For a flip front is really quiet even when compared to the Shoei.
But as stated before in the thread everyone's noggin is different!!!!
I also got "last years model" couldn't justify the normal cost. Would I have bought one at normal retail price after living with it? Yes, more than likely.

Return to “ACCESSORIES”