Tool chest recommendations

The essential art of farkling.
andyb43

Tool chest recommendations

Post by andyb43 »

Hi all looking for a tool chest and after some advise on it. I have seen this which looks good value what do you all recommend
http://www.robertdyas.co.uk/hilka-heavy ... n-unit-bbs
Richard Simpson Mark II

Re: Tool chest recommendations

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Looks like good value...a lot of boxes for the money.
No doubt not quite the quality of Snap-On or whatever, but unless it's in use eight hours a day, five days a week it's not going to wear out too quickly.
threepot

Post by threepot »

ollydog

Post by ollydog »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote:Looks like good value...a lot of boxes for the money.

No doubt not quite the quality of Snap-On or whatever, but unless it's in use eight hours a day, five days a week it's not going to wear out too quickly.
gone right off snap on, my snap on stuff was bought 20 plus years ago when the chap in the van use to come around on payday and you bought a spanner or socket at a time.

but now the quality is not there, i bought about 20k of stuff in 2011 inc2 boxes and iam afraid to say they didn't stand up to reputation, sure tools got replace under warrenty but that does not help at 20.00 when the plant is down.

halford's pro range is really good stuff incl the boxes, its right up there with teng and well priced.

steve
KTMBLAG

Post by KTMBLAG »

More money but I think it will be better quality. I've got one and can strongly recommend it.
http://www.halfords.com/workshop-tools/ ... net-bundle
YOSHIWOLVES

Post by YOSHIWOLVES »

+1 on the Halfords pro range, good gear at good prices and lifetime warranty (thumbs)
spasm

Post by spasm »

ive got the halfords ones, good kit had mine 3 years and its good as new, well handy
i only need one wheel .......... the rear
Craig-SM

Post by Craig-SM »

Highly recommend the Clarke HD range. I've had the cabinet and chest for over a decade and still perfect working condition and only one dent from dropping a very heavy trailer onto it. Recently bought a new 9 drawer chest for a bit more storage and they've upgraded the drawers which are even smoother now. They're much stronger than the Halfords Pro range and heavier as a result
If you're quick they've got done good discounts at Machine Mart
https://www.machinemart.co.uk/machine-m ... PriceCrash
I have the Blue line for no other reason than I like blue. The powder coating is very tough and they come with drawer liners.
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

That does look very nice indeed (thumbs)
Weigh it up against the Halfords chest set up, they do a 50% off discount nearly as much as DFS.
I only have the standard chest, I bought it about 8 years ago now. Not heavily used but very well made
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
Dixy

Post by Dixy »

Recommend this company ,SGS ENGINEERING, have bought one (professional 26inch) and very happy with it,and its British

Return to “ACCESSORIES”