Best multi tool?

The essential art of farkling.
Zookman

Re: Best multi tool?

Post by Zookman »

Gerber aren't bad multitools, but they aren't the quality of a Leatherman. I've had both and you can easily see & feel the difference in quality.
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Hi all, thanks for the advise. Looks like Leatherman Wave is the top choice, I'll go and see one in a shop. I'm guessing they don't come with leather pouches any more?

I did find me other today which was such a relief as it was a gift from my dad back around 1991.

IMG_20170624_151907_138.jpg
IMG_20170624_151907_138.jpg (33.6 KiB) Viewed 1889 times
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

I've had the Leatherman Skeletool for about a decade... But my Victorinox SAK gets far more use, because its attached to my keys, so i always have it on me.
I wouldn't feel comfortable carrying a Leatherman all the time with its locking blade.
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Brenhden wrote:Hi all, thanks for the advise. Looks like Leatherman Wave is the top choice, I'll go and see one in a shop. I'm guessing they don't come with leather pouches any more?

I did find me other today which was such a relief as it was a gift from my dad back around 1991.

You can still get the leather pouches, I have worn one out and have a lovely worn one with my old Leatherman in it but didn't trust it for daily use so got another, that is now run in...

Very pleased you found the old one though, they become like another set of fingers...
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Zookman wrote:I've had the Leatherman Skeletool for about a decade... But my Victorinox SAK gets far more use, because its attached to my keys, so i always have it on me.
I wouldn't feel comfortable carrying a Leatherman all the time with its locking blade.
If you need it for your work, there is not an issue... supposedly. Mine is with me whenever I am work trousers...most of the time :-) So I'll go around a supermarket or into town, but I look honest :whistle:
The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

I have a Leatherman Wave and used to carry it with me until I had a warning from an off duty copper. I was having a pint on my way home from working up the shoot, the tool was a godsend but a hefty fine or worse means it stays in tne glove box now , be careful unless you can prove it is a work tool, you are vulnerable to the plod pulling you ! :pinch:
Sarge
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

SteveR wrote:
Zookman wrote:I've had the Leatherman Skeletool for about a decade... But my Victorinox SAK gets far more use, because its attached to my keys, so i always have it on me.
If you need it for your work, there is not an issue... supposedly. Mine is with me whenever I am work trousers...most of the time :-) So I'll go around a supermarket or into town, but I look honest :whistle:
I've never worried about that either. My biggest concern is forgetting I have it and going to an airport and having to cancel my holiday because I couldn't bare to be parted with it.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
TomBoyNI

Post by TomBoyNI »

You can still get the leather pouches thankfully as the nylon ones are utter crap. Amazon normally has them priced quite well too. IT just a shame that they don't come with that look of yours, takes a while to get them looking that good. My belt one looks well battered - looks excellent! (thumbs)
Boo :-p

https://tbni.blog
Motorcycling | Technology | Photography
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

SteveR wrote:
Same for me
GB

Post by GB »

Are we really having this conversation, well its Leatherman all the way, just choose the one that suits your needs, most pick either the wave or the charge for a full size tool, myself I have an addiction, Charge, Crunch, juice, tread, squirts :blush:
Finally back on a GS :D

Return to β€œACCESSORIES”