Bargain quality socket sets

The essential art of farkling.
Craig-SM

Re: Bargain quality socket sets

Post by Craig-SM »

I like the Halfords Pro torque wrench, spanners and screwdrivers but I've given up on the socket sets. Too many broken sockets and bits, which wouldn't be a problem as they are very good at exchanging them. When they do change them they give you the individual sockets and bits out of the cabinet. There is a distinct difference in quality between the sets and individual pieces they sell. The individual bits are physically larger too so don't fit in the moulded box. Tired of not being able to finish a job as the tool you need is broken I've since changed to Bahco socket set and given the Halfords Pro to my brother. Never had a broken tool since and much prefer the textured satin finish so you can securely grip them even with oily hands.
Nick_2112

Post by Nick_2112 »

I have a CK 1/2 inch drive socket set that i've had for 25 years or so, used it regularly but not contsantly, never broke and still works fine. Not sure where CK sit quality wise but I have no complaints.
I have recently got a 3/8 ALDI set which is surprisingly good, and have a 1/4 Bacho set for really small jobs. Like many, I look at the Halfords sets on offer but never buy as I have all the sockets I need.
Mike Wright

Post by Mike Wright »

Bacho - Great kit Ive had mine for a long time and none of the Bacho tools have failed yet.

Return to “ACCESSORIES”