Helmet bag

The essential art of farkling.
Trev

Helmet bag

Post by Trev »

Can anyone suggest a good bag to carry a helmet on a bike for week? I have to take my good wife's helmet with me (don't even ask why she can't take it on the plane!) and don't have panniers or top box as I only use a couple of Kriega tail packs for touring. I'm thinking something waterproof and secure I can then strap down on top of the tail packs.
Beepee

Re: Helmet bag

Post by Beepee »

Did Kriega not do one ? Maybe you could strap it to your bags ?
OB1

Post by OB1 »

I have one of these Bagster Helmet Bag/Backpack

Not sure if its waterproof but it's very convenient. (thumbs)

A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
Philiptigerrice

Post by Philiptigerrice »

I know you say don't ask why....
But... Why? Lol
I flew my missus up to meet me in Scotland last year - and she took her lid on as hand luggage - we just checked with Flybe first - she had to give it to the stewardess to stow away for her, but it all went fine :)
Greater Manchester
R1200 GS Adv ('08)
Trev

Post by Trev »

Philiptigerrice wrote:I know you say don't ask why....

But... Why? Lol

I flew my missus up to meet me in Scotland last year - and she took her lid on as hand luggage - we just checked with Flybe first - she had to give it to the stewardess to stow away for her, but it all went fine :)
Yup I flew to Scotland last year and also took my helmet as hand luggage but my wife and I have reached something of a (rare) impasse on this point so I'm not pushing it any more :whistle: To be fair she also needs to fit a weeks holiday clothes and supplies into her hand luggage limit and a helmet as well will mean bikini wearing all week :evil:
Philiptigerrice

So basically - you're too tight to pay an extra tenner to put a bag in the boot of the plane! Lol
:laugh:
If its with Flybe - just do what most of the passengers do - and take a frikking suitcase on - then when it won't go in the over head locker - they'll stick it in the hold anyway - for free...
Greater Manchester
R1200 GS Adv ('08)
Trev

Post by Trev »

Philiptigerrice wrote:So basically - you're too tight to pay an extra tenner to put a bag in the boot of the plane! Lol
:laugh:

If its with Flybe - just do what most of the passengers do - and take a frikking suitcase on - then when it won't go in the over head locker - they'll stick it in the hold anyway - for free...
:laugh: I'm trying to keep my head down on the 'do you earn £80k' topic and pretending I can't afford to pay for hold luggage is a good start!

No it's actually because I don't have the luggage space on my bike. I'm at a seminar for 3 days in Lyon so have to bring clothes for myself for that, five days riding and also a week holidaying. Add a weeks clothes for my missus (or at least what she would bring if she had hold luggage) and I would have to kit the bike out with enough tinware to keep a GS salesman in bonuses for a year :whistle:
Two Kriega bags on the pillion seat work for me but when I pick up/drop off my wife she'll obviously need that for her backside so Kriega packs will move to tank and she will have to carry her gear in a rucksack. I don't want to buy and fit a load of racks & luggage paraphernalia that I'll never use just for 80 odd km each way.

Actually the more I think about it the more it's me being awkward :pinch:
Philiptigerrice

Hahaha! Well, have fun mate -
I've had a similair thing recently, enough kit for all of the following, in one long complicated trip on my GSA...
Manchester to Aberdeen, night in hotel, fly offshore for 5 days, fly back to Aberdeen, 5 nights in hotel for a course, then 2 nights wild(ish) camping, then fly offshore for 9 nights, followed by a flight back in, then the ride home to Manchester... including working out how to store all my riding kit and lid safely and securely whilst offshore...
Managed though (thumbs)
Greater Manchester
R1200 GS Adv ('08)
XTChris

Post by XTChris »

Trev wrote:
Philiptigerrice wrote: To be fair she also needs to fit a weeks holiday clothes and supplies into her hand luggage limit and a helmet as well will mean bikini wearing all week :evil:
Cant she put the bikinis etc in her helmet?
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

would a Ten pin bowling ball bag be too small to fit a helmet in?

Return to “ACCESSORIES”