Intercoms anyone? anyone?

The essential art of farkling.
Bushman_uk

Re: Intercoms anyone? anyone?

Post by Bushman_uk »

A couple of things first if you use bluetooth you will not need a radio licence for some countries you vist, a large number of countries will not accept radio communication close to borders and even away from restricted areas you will possible need a licence , Ignorance may work in yor home country where you know how the systems work but abroad no langauge and no knowledge of the processes risky ..

The scala martin and i have used the q2 and the q4 , the q2 with a boom mike gave good clear vox transmission upto 70 mph about half a mile apart and the battery would last a full day.
The q4 with cable mikes are no so clear and pick up wind noise on vox , there is no option for vox on or off . These are good upto 50 mph and about a 1mile apart in sight around corners or trucks the signal soon disappears but the battery life is good for two days and can easily be charged from the bike or usb on the pc , or the invertor you use for the pc use for the headsets . the q4 to this day i have not managed to find a radio signal, thats right across the USA and all the way through Russia
samara 019.jpg
samara 019.jpg (35.72 KiB) Viewed 1243 times
Just one thought on this the q4 are fitted to quite poor cheap helmets, i am sure with a qaulity helmet the wind noise and vox problems would be better and give improved qaulity.
TB650

Post by TB650 »

Treadtrader wrote:Scala rider for me too. No wires, easy use even on motorways.
Just have to remember to charge each evening. As well as phones.
No so good when camping as no charge point.
I bought of a company here in Australia a 12v charger with a cig plug on it. It has twin outlets and charges both scala units in about four hours for the next days riding

http://www.mobileoutlet.com.au/modules/ ... 5C4287.cfm

TB
africajim

Post by africajim »

The two q2 units we have simply plug into the socket on the bike when we're away camping, charge in a couple of hrs. Never caused any problems with the bike. I wouldn't be put off with having to charge them.
Honda, the power of dreams.
gland

Post by gland »

i have senna smh10 bluetooth system.I have used it for phone,zumo and music and is excellent and clear at all speeds.Havent used bike to bike yet,but have had good reports from my mates who have it.holds a charge all day when out and charge it from bike no problems.
knobblywobbly

Post by knobblywobbly »

BlackBetty wrote:I have the autocom super pro avi. Are you limited to what helmets you can use with these units?
No, you can fit the headsets into any helmet (they do different headsets for open face ones). The Autocom units are brilliant - you can speak / hear at virtually any speed. Earpiece & microphone placement is crucial in getting the best out of these units, so follow the instructions carefully.

Return to “ACCESSORIES”