Which camera ?

The essential art of farkling.
DB1200

Which camera ?

Post by DB1200 »

Drift Innovation Ghost S
Or
GoPro HERO5

I'm drawn to the Drift as it's more compact.....
TomBoyNI

Re: Which camera ?

Post by TomBoyNI »

Look up some comparisons online.

The H5 now can put geometrics on the video which is pretty awesome however it needs an adapter for an external mic if that sort of thing interests you.

The H4 Silver should also be considered. It is cheaper, has a rear screen and can be used in conjunction with periscope to live stream which if you think about it is pretty awesome. Also it doesn't need the garish H5 adapter for external audio.

The H5 is by no means big, don't be persuaded by size, what it does and what you want it to do are more important. Although the H5 sits square it isn't aerodynamic in a way that will adversely effect you.

Remember too the Hero range is the choice of the Pros. It is so for a reason.

I have a 3+, 5 and a Sony action Cam which has more of the profile of a drift.

I always go to the GoPro as the first port of call.

The low light capability of the H5 is also outstanding.

So yeah for me it is easily a recommendation for a H4 Silver or H5 (if external mic isn't too important to you)
Boo :-p

https://tbni.blog
Motorcycling | Technology | Photography
RandG

Post by RandG »

TomBoyNI wrote: Remember too the Hero range is the choice of the Pros. It is so for a reason.
Although 99% of users are total amateurs and very, very rarely use such items beyond auto mode or after the initial novelty has worn off sit in a cupboard for most of the ownership.

I have a drift, which also sits mainly doing nothing.
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

I've reviewed several makes including a go pro hero and drift. Out of all on the market I'd go for the tom Tom bandit.
rodyorkabr

Post by rodyorkabr »

contour.
Shaw2shore.co.uk
Ive reviewed many here..independently
go to gallery
scotsy

Post by scotsy »

I have suffered from my 3rd Drift going faulty so i would try the market leading brand or a cheap camera next time.
GB

Post by GB »

I had an early Goporhd for years, used it a fair bit but never liked the ultra wide angle view the lens gave, upgraded to a 5 session this year which is smaller and better in everyway with a choice of view angles (thumbs)
Finally back on a GS :D
mac10biker

Post by mac10biker »

I have a couple of Gopro Sessions but recently bought a Gitup2 and have been impressed so far.

Bought mine off amazon for about £120 with remote control, mic and a whole load of other accessories. Got to say for the price that the image quality is very good and at least comparable to the Gopro in daylight. There is a video on YouTube with a really good review here

For me Gopro is a bit like the whole Audi, BMW, Mercedes thing, where people are convinced they are buying quality but they end up at the bottom of customer satisfaction surveys. Definitely paying for the brand name and over the past 3-4 years I have had two Gopro's develop faults.
.fraser.

Post by .fraser. »

There is a new Drift 4k camera coming out shortly.

WIBO

Post by WIBO »

For me.... Contour.... Positive slider to turn it on and off with gloves, a laser so you know it's orientation.... Horizontal or angled etc. and with a beep. Alloy casing and if it gets lost not too expensive to buy another one.

My buddy is always asking me if his gopro is switched on.

I'll buy another one when mine gets zapped.

:)
Will It Buff Out?

Return to “ACCESSORIES”