motorcyclespareparts.eu anybody used them - update

The essential art of farkling.
crofty

motorcyclespareparts.eu anybody used them - update

Post by crofty »

I need a bit for my Honda and the dealer in town quoted me nearly 100 quid for a plastic headlamp cowl.i thought it was a bit steep said I would think about it. Anyway online I find the part at https://www.motorcyclespareparts.eu for less than half price. But I have never heard of them and thought I would ask on the forum if anyone else has or has bought parts. (ps I have tried breakers up and down the country but every bike has always had frontal damage hence my decision to buy new )
john-g

Re: motorcyclespareparts.eu anybody used them

Post by john-g »

Hi Crofty,

I have used a similar supplier recently for Honda parts, these are Lings, just do a Google search for them. All parts and prices are shown in the same way and they ship out either the same or next day, normal post or UPS. I ordered a part on a Sunday and it arrived 9.30am Tuesday morning. Don't know how their prices compare, but worth checking.
crofty

Post by crofty »

Hi John I had tried a few large Honda dealers online and the price is always the same 99.98 for my bit, as is Lings. That is why I am so surprised to be quoted less than half from motorcyclespareparts.eu
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

I used CMSNL.com last year for some older Africa Twin parts.
Very quick and reliable. Based in Holland. There website has prices and will state that it's a genuine part or not.
crofty

Post by crofty »

Thanks but its not an older model its a 2012 nc700x and they don,t list anything for this model. I can buy the cowl all day long at any Honda dealer for 100 quid but this company has it listed for 33 quid which is amazing, just don,t know who they are?
john-g

Post by john-g »

crofty wrote:Hi John I had tried a few large Honda dealers online and the price is always the same 99.98 for my bit, as is Lings. That is why I am so surprised to be quoted less than half from motorcyclespareparts.eu
Hi Crofty, I looked up a couple of parts for my Blackbird on the site you mention and from memory they looked similar to what Lings had quoted. Besides if they are in another EU country the VAT could be higher, though not doubling the price that you said was so much lower for the part you wanted. What are their shipping rates to the UK? Now you need to decide whether to chance giving them a try! Hope all goes well if you do.
crofty

Post by crofty »

Hi John vat rate is 21% (eu) postage 4.99 to uk, (its a wee bit of plastic that weighs ounces) anyway I will let the thread run and phone them in the morning.
malcopopolo

Post by malcopopolo »

Pay with a credit card and you should be ok.
crofty

Post by crofty »

I have paid with paypal as they have lots of chargeback options. They have replied with some details and will let me have tracking info when posted.There warehouse is in Holland, will keep the forum updated how it goes.
Boggs

Post by Boggs »

Lets hope they are the real deal,could be a great find

(thumbs)

Return to “ACCESSORIES”