Sheepskin Seat pads

The essential art of farkling.
KTM Deano

Re: Sheepskin Seat pads

Post by KTM Deano »

Just picked up one from Go Outdoors but struggling to get it to fit. Anyone got any images of what technique they use to fit their?
scouse

Post by scouse »

KTM Deano wrote:Just picked up one from Go Outdoors but struggling to get it to fit. Anyone got any images of what technique they use to fit their?
I have mine fitted on a 1200GS kinda reversed... so the two straps for the back "ears" of a saddle go over the two front seat bits that attach to the tank and the elasticated bit that should go over the pommel at the front goes over the back of my seat. The long fixing strap runs along the base and you can use this to adjust how tight it fits. Same way my mate fitted his to his Exploder.
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
Spike941

Post by Spike941 »

I've poked a zip tie through both side wings as it were, to form loops. I then use a Velcro strap to pull each side down to the frame just below the riders seat. (I have an Explorer) easy to fit and remove without the need to remove seat(s).
KTM Deano

Post by KTM Deano »

I'm trying to fit mine to the F800GS seat, obviously only to the front section and not the full length of the seat.
scouse

Post by scouse »

KTM Deano wrote:I'm trying to fit mine to the F800GS seat, obviously only to the front section and not the full length of the seat.
Ahhh... so far only fitted them on bikes with seperate seats.
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
KTM Deano

Post by KTM Deano »

I've just ordered one from Lambland.co.uk to see if this might be easier to fit than the Go Outdoors one. They have a good return policy (30 days) so I'll probably take it back if I have no joy.
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

Are these better than an Air Hawk?
willywombat64

Post by willywombat64 »

no..... but great with one . I love comfort and the two together = bliss!
DaveCon

Post by DaveCon »

For my F800GS I got one from Lambland and used contact adhesive to stick two lengths of elastic to go round the seat. Worked a treat.

I'd heard good reports about added comfort but to be honest 30 mins into a long ride I'd had enough. Pain in bum and legs and the extra height pushed my head above the screen which was also uncomfortable. I took it off and rode another 3 hours on the standard seat no problem.

I know a lot of people swear by them, but it's a no from me. If anybody wants one in black for an F800GS (I have the factory cut-down seat)...
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

iirc those saddle gel pads/covers come in several sizes to suit S/M/L horses. If gooutdoors don't have a variety of sizes take a look at equestrian tackle shops for the size you need

Return to “ACCESSORIES”