Sheepskin Seat pads

The essential art of farkling.
scouse

Sheepskin Seat pads

Post by scouse »

Sheepskin pads are the best comfort addition you can add for preventing long distance numb bum... it's designed for a horse saddle but with already fitted elastic straps and a strap that runs under the seat you can't go wrong with this little beauty... http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/caldene-she ... er-p312143

Already fitted to my R1200GS and my mate Tommy's 1200 Exploder and past the distance test. Actually would be superb on any bike that has separate rider and pillion perches.
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
HAMMERHEAD

Re: Sheepskin Seat pads

Post by HAMMERHEAD »

Nice find. Thnx. (thumbs)
flipflopdog

Post by flipflopdog »

Your not wrong here, I bought a pelt for £65 and made two massive seat covers, rode to Istanbul n back plus 12,000 klm's round India both hot and freezing cold and wet riding comfort unmatched by any aftermarket seats, defo the best addition for long haul travel..!!
waynecoluk

Post by waynecoluk »

Nice, I was wondering how good they were. Might try one before I consider changing the seat
2016 BMW 1200GSA

2013 Triumph Street Triple
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

scouse wrote:Sheepskin pads are the best comfort addition you can add for preventing long distance numb bum... it's designed for a horse saddle but with already fitted elastic straps and a strap that runs under the seat you can't go wrong with this little beauty... http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/caldene-she ... er-p312143

Already fitted to my R1200GS and my mate Tommy's 1200 Exploder and past the distance test. Actually would be superb on any bike that has separate rider and pillion perches.
If they're the same covers I'm thinking of you can get gel pads to fit inside them
Spike941

Post by Spike941 »

I have a full sheepskin doubled over with a £3 self-inflating seat mat from Go Outdoors in between. Ultra comfortable, like riding on air. Also made a waterproof cover to slip over it during times of rain, which will come in very handy tomorrow according to the weather forecast, on my 450 mile run up to Scotland for the NC500.
bowber

Post by bowber »

We got our sheepskin from Argos in Fort William, my wife said she couldn't take the discomfort any more (DR350S) so we bought a rug, cut it into 2 and I used one on the VFR I had at the time. Made a huge difference so we we use them on any long trip now.
Never bothered with any straps though but after seeing how someone fixed theirs onto the seat we'll be doing the same, just a strap at the front and a loop on each back corner.

Steve
nickoff

Post by nickoff »

Different folk have different bums. I used to have a Kwaka 650 Tengai and although I loved the bike it was the most uncomfortable bike ever in the arse department. Purchased a sheep skin cover and off I went on a long trip. You know what? That bloody bike was still the most uncomfortable bike ever in the arse department. :-(

Nick.
mr_diver

Sheepskin Seat pads

Post by mr_diver »

Lambland.co.uk do single seat covers for £18 last time I looked.

I've got one for my Varadero and one for her Gsx14.

They don't come with any straps, but are long enough to tuck under the edges of the seat.
I sewed a stray on the 2 sides just to stop it being yanked off just in case.
The Rantings of A Crazed Lunatic.

Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

I purchased one of these recently for £23 inc p/p the quality looks good,Ive still to fit it.
http://www.lambland.co.uk/item/2594/gen ... r-for-pets

Return to “ACCESSORIES”