Help , Garmin zumo 340 LM at aldi

The essential art of farkling.
cowling

Post by cowling »

The garmin zumo 340 LM is available at aldi tomorrow.

Never had a satnav but it's time I stopped relying on others.

I'm after one mainly for my bike , but also to use in the van

Is this one any good for £199.00 ? Any advice will be much

Appreciated, cheers Neil. :)
Milo Tighfield

Re: Help , Garmin zumo 340 LM at aldi

Post by Milo Tighfield »

I will be going to see if I can get one, I think it is the basic one, but with basecamp you can plan your route and the ram mount must be worth another £25. I'm sure it will be better than the one I already have from China. Not Sure if it is suitable for a car. :side:
anthony29040

Post by anthony29040 »

i replaced my tom tom rider with one last year,cost me £230 factory refurb,i am very happy with it,it is really easy to use and the lane assist is brilliant.you will not be disappointed if you buy one, and free lifetime mapping you cant go wrong.hope this helps cheers tony.
MikeC

Post by MikeC »

Good luck getting one. In my experience they get one per store and an employee grabs it :S Let us know how you get on (thumbs)
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

The difference between the 340 & 390 is screen size (possibly twisty routes as well, which i've yet to use). I bought mine on special at Halfrauds a fair while back.

If you can get one, you won't be disappointed. The unit, cradle & mount are all very well made & considerably better than the 220 I replaced after one too many drops.

Happy hunting, I'm aiming low & just buying balaclavas :laugh:

Edit: They do come with car gumph...I don't own one so those bits always sit in the box
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
V_King

Post by V_King »

I am planing of giving it a go, as might be having some wet travels this summer, so my cheap car sat nav would be useless. not too happy of spending that oney on the gizmo, but when traveling and having issues with navigation, because the waterproof case misted etc, just ruins everything. also there is an easy way to swap to full european maps or just use open maps.
MikeC wrote:Good luck getting one. In my experience they get one per store and an employee grabs it :S Let us know how you get on (thumbs)
depends on the demographics of the shop location. if the average age of the area is 85 years then the shop manager might just order on in store. my local shop has usually loads in their storage when you ask them.
""
Coastal

Post by Coastal »

Available online from Aldi
misterlaffer

Post by misterlaffer »

I bought the 390LM from Amazon a couple of months ago to replace my old TT Rider. Very pleased with it, plotted a few routes and been on a few rides since. Got used to using Basecamp now although I may continue to use Tyre instead. It has some great features my TT Urban Rider didn't have the one I like most is its announcing plotted waypoints I have set both audible and visibly with text e.g coffee stop etc. has a better screen, and comes with charge mount and in car holder etc. paid £260, so you might consider going for the 390 for the extra 60 quid than the 340.
cowling

Post by cowling »

Well, thanks for the heads up on how difficult they are to get hold of from Aldi, I turned up at the Aldi in Scarborough half hour after it had opened, 10.30, asked first member of staff I saw and was told get yourself to till one, sharpish as they only had eight. 5 left when I got there, result, bought a few things in the shop, by the time I got back to the till only 2 left. I don't think them two would have lasted much longer. Cheers lads.
(thumbs)
Milo Tighfield

Post by Milo Tighfield »

I went to my local Store this morning and got one. I must admit I got there just before it opened. Lots of people waiting for the store to open too, including me :whistle:
Half a dozen people headed for the jeans and boots section, I just asked the assistant as soon as I walked in for the Garmin (thumbs)

Return to “ACCESSORIES”